U.S. issues shoe-bomb terror alert

Old Oct 30, 2007, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Djlawman

And, what part of "I don't know if it could or not" [take down the plane with 10 ounces of plastic explosive] do you not understand? I don't know if his 10 ounces of plastic explosive would have been enough. (Or if, for example, he would have needed 2 comrades with another 10 ounces each. Would 30 ounces of the stuff have been enough? 3 compatriots for a total of 40 ounces--is that enough? What do the "laws of science" -- and don't forget engineering! -- and "everything else" say about that? What is the magic number of hollowed out shoes full of plastic explosive that would have been necessary to take down an airliner? Is it airliner specific? How much do I need for a 757? 747? 777? 330? 380? (Or haven't they computed the 380 yet?)

Oh, I forgot, some people "know" (they assure us) but can't tell us. They don't want to educate us.

Fine.
Fund my research (and get me the appropriate freedom from prosecution) and I'll have your answers inside a month.

At least I can offer that; I doubt the braintrust at the TSA could even come close to being able to conduct the research, much less answer your questions afterwards.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Ah, the "I claim I can prove it but I choose not to" position. Well supported. I'll try that one on the judge next time I am in court.

So, to summarize: a person who accepts the government's position (which you claim lacks any "independently verified" "scientific demonstrations") is blindly prejudiced [and I will note again that I have no idea whether it could or not, and have not seen enough one way or the other], but a person should instead believe your "law of science" and "everything else supports" position? Because you say so. That's better than independently verified scientific demonstrations in my book any day of the week.

And, what part of "I don't know if it could or not" [take down the plane with 10 ounces of plastic explosive] do you not understand? I don't know if his 10 ounces of plastic explosive would have been enough. (Or if, for example, he would have needed 2 comrades with another 10 ounces each. Would 30 ounces of the stuff have been enough? 3 compatriots for a total of 40 ounces--is that enough? What do the "laws of science" -- and don't forget engineering! -- and "everything else" say about that? What is the magic number of hollowed out shoes full of plastic explosive that would have been necessary to take down an airliner? Is it airliner specific? How much do I need for a 757? 747? 777? 330? 380? (Or haven't they computed the 380 yet?)

Oh, I forgot, some people "know" (they assure us) but can't tell us. They don't want to educate us.

Fine.
If you are interested in educating yourself or finding resources that can properly brief you, start with Boeing. There's quite a lot of engineering analysis -- that's covered by science -- when it comes to this area as well.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
I believe Boeing's expertise was instrumental in determining the mode and manner of PA103's destruction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investi...nd_the_clothes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_...craft_break_up
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CessnaJock
I believe Boeing's expertise was instrumental in determining the mode and manner of PA103's destruction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investi...nd_the_clothes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_...craft_break_up
Boeing gets involved quite extensively when there are such incidents too.

If you want to take Wikipedia as gospel, that's your choice, not mine.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Boeing gets involved quite extensively when there are such incidents too.
-30-
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CessnaJock
-30-
3-3-0.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.