Non-crew employees cutting security line

Old Oct 28, 07, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
Originally Posted by coachrowsey View Post
This is what we have in CLT.
How the heck many employees AND crew come through a concourse in a day? Would building them a private entrance make the least sense from a resource allocation point of view?

Success in government is measured by how much budget and personnel a person controls. I guess if it increased the manager's kingdom, it might get through.
Old Oct 28, 07, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by coachrowsey View Post
This is what we have in CLT.
Works at some airports but not at others. It wouldn't work at SAT under its current configuration.

I believe there should be a separate checkpoint strictly for non-crew airport employees; and I think it should be a 100% screening policy with SIDA passes that work ONLY from the sterile area as opposed to by-passing checkpoint screening.
Old Oct 28, 07, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Yes. Absolutely. If DFW or BWI were to institute a policy requiring all non-crew members to stay in line, many, if not all, businesses would simply relocate elsewhere. Conversely, very few, if any, businesses would want to rent airport floor space with this obstacle in place.
Bart, I don't know what your experience is in retail development, but speaking with 25+ years in the industry such a policy would not affect decisions on development and operations one lick.
Old Oct 29, 07, 2:54 am

Programs: AF; DL; & SQ FF Programs
I noticed that all the P&Ming is still going on about us cutting lines. I also noticed that either some of you had not read my post #21 or chose to ignore it (and that's OK too). Is anyone who is complaining willing to meet my standard of going through the line with an ID, paper money and no metal on? Just think how fast you to could buzz through too! This seems to boil down to the old "misery loves company". If an employee is on a lunch break and is going through security to get pick up lunch..they may only have 30 minutes. Why waste it with standing in line. Everyone I know hates going through security, but we get bored with the same food day-in, day-out, so this has nothing to do with getting to work on time.
Old Oct 29, 07, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Bart View Post
You miss my point. This is beyond TSA. It's all about what goes on in the executive level conference rooms at Starbuck's, McDonald's, Brookstone, etc. These businesses and enterprises pay far more in terms of airport rental space and other fees than the security fee you pay in a lifetime. This is something strictly based on dollar amounts, and these executives are not going to tolerate their employees having to wait in line just because it's more "fair." Again, you don't have to like it; you most certainly don't have to agree; and I do appreciate your point and do agree with you in principle. However, I'm telling you that this is why employees will always be allowed to cut in line and nothing will ever change it.

Sorry, disagree. Thing is that very few people in this forum actually follow through their threats/promises to write their Congressional representative/senator. I contend that if more people did, then Congress would have to take note.

No, my friend, the maximum effective range of most complaints you and I read in this web site is the "reply" post in a mental masturbation of one-upsmanship of bad screening experiences.

Last edited by APW Girl; Oct 29, 07 at 2:59 am Reason: relocating
Old Oct 29, 07, 3:01 am

Thank you for giving airport employees some support and your common sense
Old Oct 29, 07, 3:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
I preferred the original system. Airport employees with photo ID walked around the security checkpoint.
Old Oct 29, 07, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat
Originally Posted by sbrower View Post
I preferred the original system. Airport employees with photo ID walked around the security checkpoint.
agreed
Old Oct 29, 07, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by APW Girl View Post
I noticed that all the P&Ming is still going on about us cutting lines. I also noticed that either some of you had not read my post #21 or chose to ignore it (and that's OK too). Is anyone who is complaining willing to meet my standard of going through the line with an ID, paper money and no metal on? Just think how fast you to could buzz through too! This seems to boil down to the old "misery loves company". If an employee is on a lunch break and is going through security to get pick up lunch..they may only have 30 minutes. Why waste it with standing in line. Everyone I know hates going through security, but we get bored with the same food day-in, day-out, so this has nothing to do with getting to work on time.
So are you saying that there is a new standard? If I only have an ID, paper money and no metal on, then I can also cut to the front of the line? Sweet - sign me up.

So you don't carry any lipstick, other cosmetics, a purse, cell phone, earrings, rings, other jewelry, pens, glasses, a watch, credit cards, keys or coins when you go through the screening checkpoint at any time?

"Why waste it with standing in line." I guess that means your time happens to be more important than your customers' time.

Last edited by ND Sol; Oct 29, 07 at 12:09 pm
Old Oct 29, 07, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
Thumbs down Does that ID have a hologram on it?

Originally Posted by sbrower View Post
Uh - I don't think that meets even minimal security protocols. There are too many ways a tewwowist could fake an ID. The pre-hiring background checks themselves are full enough of holes that an enemy could have a real ID and still be up to mischief.
Old Oct 29, 07, 2:51 pm

Programs: US/*A, Marriott, ICH, Budget, Avis
What if vendors and crew were "relegated" to cutting only the non FC/premium/elite security lines? Would this debate exist?
Old Oct 29, 07, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by APW Girl View Post
Just about every airport I know has far more eating places airside than landside. Some airports don't even have any food landside. If you're going outside security for lunch it is going to be a long lunch.
Old Oct 29, 07, 6:19 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First, Hertz #1Gold
Originally Posted by flyinbob View Post
Just about every airport I know has far more eating places airside than landside. Some airports don't even have any food landside. If you're going outside security for lunch it is going to be a long lunch.
Ever been to MCI?
Old Oct 30, 07, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by ND Sol View Post
So are you saying that there is a new standard? If I only have an ID, paper money and no metal on, then I can also cut to the front of the line? Sweet - sign me up.

So you don't carry any lipstick, other cosmetics, a purse, cell phone, earrings, rings, other jewelry, pens, glasses, a watch, credit cards, keys or coins when you go through the screening checkpoint at any time?
"Why waste it with standing in line." I guess that means your time happens to be more important than your customers' time.
No, I don't carry all the above you mentioned..I'm picking up lunch, not moving! Actually, my time is just as important as my customers. Why do you think that because I'm in a job that tries to help a customer that I am in some inferior position to you? Besides, the quicker I get back to my store the sooner I get to have someone want me to give them something for nothing. What a pleasure! While talking about vendors, let me clear up a misconcept- ion about pricing. In our store, there are things we are higher than the outside, I've had customers tell me that we are lower in price on some things than the outside and there are things that no matter where you buy them, they will always be the same price. It would also be nice if when we speak to you that you at least acknowledge that you heard. And they want to talk about rude sales people!
Old Oct 30, 07, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by flyinbob View Post
How bout SFO international terminal (both concourses A & G)?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: