Dash 8 !!

Old Oct 18, 07, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Dash 8 !!

Wow i was just reading previous threads on this plane... Not very excited about a trip i booked in November. Dash 8 both ways!! should i reconsider?? anything new??

thx
Old Oct 18, 07, 10:28 am

Can you be more specific with your concerns? Are you concerned, for instance, with recent problems that have emerged about the craft's landing gear, or are you apprehensive about flying in a STOL aircraft?

I've flown on both the Dash 7 and 8 many, many times and have never had a problem with any flight. If you are, in fact, worried about the landing gear, why don't you call the carrier to confirm that their airplanes have been recently inspected? They're actually my favourite prop aircraft, although a Pilatus will do in a pinch.
Old Oct 18, 07, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Macfive, welcome to FlyerTalk!

As davidcalgary29 states, a little more info on your flights and what your exact concern is will help folks supply you with an answer.

Plus we may shift this to another forum depending on exactly what it is you are looking for.

Thanks.

Cholula
Travel Safety/Security Forum Moderator
Old Oct 18, 07, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP, CO PE, AirTran Elite, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by Macfive View Post
Wow i was just reading previous threads on this plane... Not very excited about a trip i booked in November. Dash 8 both ways!! should i reconsider?? anything new??

thx
The Dash 8 is a safe and even comfortable aircraft as compared to other regional planes/jets. I'd fly on a Dash 8 anyday over a CRJ (unless of course the CRJ has F class on it). I've had more maint issues on CRJs then I have ever had on my Dash 8 flights.
Old Oct 18, 07, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
I like the Dash 8. I've flown a few Dash 8 segments on FlyBE. They were quite a bit more comfortable than other regional aircraft.
Old Oct 18, 07, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
One of my favorite ways to travel is aboard a Horizon Airways (AS commuter affiliate) Dash 8. It's a safe and, compared to comparable airliners, comfortable turboprop.

OK, Horizon's free beer and wine policy may be a factor as well. (Although based on another ongoing thread in Travel Safety/Security, I may have to rethink that before flying Horizon into Arizona.)
Old Oct 18, 07, 4:15 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
QantasLinks's fleet of Dash-8's are the best maintained and run in the industry. I prefer a QF Dash-8 to a Virgin Blue 737!

Search this Thread