Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Anybody still seeing "go back to the end of the line"

Anybody still seeing "go back to the end of the line"

Old Oct 9, 07, 6:04 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by exerda View Post
Sending people to the end of the line, though, really does nothing to improve that situation. It's a passive-aggressive bully tactic by the TSA, and will only increase animosity from the people so targeted, and will slow things down for the people who queue up in line after them (since it adds to the # of people waiting to be screened).

Much better handling would be to point out to the pax that they aren't doing things right and allow them to fix it right then and there. 99% are honest mistakes or people who fly very infrequently anyway, so bullying them really doesn't help "correct" the problem in the long run.
This person was a 30s something white male who got just about everything wrong and held the line up for 5-10 minutes. Maybe he somehow grew a brain since yesterday and won't get everything wrong again, but I wouldn't bet on it. In fact, I don't think I could have held the line up for that long if I tried even if I was drunk. It was so bad that people were jumping to the other line.
Old Oct 9, 07, 6:06 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Superguy View Post
Or how about realizing that this whole liquid and baggie carnival is a farce does nothing to enhance our security and put an end to it. @:-)
Now we talking! I really don't understand why Congress has allowed this farce to go on for so long.
Old Oct 9, 07, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stc View Post
Now we talking! I really don't understand why Congress has allowed this farce to go on for so long.
It is for the children, Comrade. We must not appear soft for any reason...think of the Children!!!
Old Oct 10, 07, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
At least my former Congressman (before I moved about a month ago) actually believed innocuous devices like shampoo were a threat in the wrong hands. Haven't had a chance to write my new Congressman about it.

Of course, when Congress buys the idiocy that's being pushed, we have little hope of them fixing it. It's probably going to take some sort of lawsuit, such as a wrongful death of the woman in PHX (if filed) to get them to wake up to it.
Old Oct 10, 07, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by DevilDog438 View Post
It is for the children, Comrade. We must not appear soft for any reason...think of the Children!!!
And it's exactly why my son's going to be taught about the idiocy that surrounds air travel and terrorism in general.
Old Oct 10, 07, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
This person was a 30s something white male who got just about everything wrong and held the line up for 5-10 minutes. Maybe he somehow grew a brain since yesterday and won't get everything wrong again, but I wouldn't bet on it. In fact, I don't think I could have held the line up for that long if I tried even if I was drunk. It was so bad that people were jumping to the other line.
Understood. I doubt he's a freqent traveler, though, or you'd think he'd have the routine--silly as it is--down by now, so punishing him with a trip to the back of the line would have limited value to anyone except those immediately behind him.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: