Wiki Posts
Search

Decent Read from a Twin Cities Weekly

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Decent Read from a Twin Cities Weekly

http://citypages.com/databank/28/1394/article15776.asp

I hardly, OK, maybe never, post on this Forum, but I thought many of you would enjoy the article.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:05 pm

I continue to hope sanity will return some day and I can simply put my bag and pocket contents on the belt, step through the WTMD without showing anyone else any pieces of paper, pick up my bag and pocket contents from the conveyer and be on my way.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
From the article:

"It's bad theater," Schneier said. "Everyone sees what the TSA's doing is a joke."

If only that were true
Old Aug 22, 2007, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm going to go out on an optimistic limb and say that roughly 50% would support nixing the shoes and liquids nonsense ASAP; 25% (a/k/a The Hardcore Sheeple) wiil never, ever change - those "cannot be moved" items when de-fraggng your hard drive; the rest are those strange hybrids who say "yeah ... well ... I don't really believe they'll ever find anything this way, but it's a psychological deterrent ..." Politically, they neither hold the nonsense against This Administration, nor would they be all that concerned were it scaled back. That's actually a conservative estimate as, realistically, I feel those numbers may be closer to 60/20/20.

My $.02
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MKEbound
From the article:

"It's bad theater," Schneier said. "Everyone sees what the TSA's doing is a joke."

If only that were true
He's probably referring to everyone in the security field.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.