Want to have fun with the UPS guy?

Old Aug 8, 07, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Want to have fun with the UPS guy?

Going through security today I noticed the UPS guy was in line to deliver some packages inside security.

What would be the funnest thing we could have the UPS driver take through security? Who would get in trouble: the shipper or the driver?

I wonder if they would deliver to 'the passenger at gate 21 wearing a yellow shirt.'
Old Aug 9, 07, 1:55 am

Strangest item I've seen in a ups package would be a full size electronic telescope that was being delivered to a store. I see the UPS and DHL guys every week always bringing in trolleys full of packages.

I don't think they deliver to passengers though, only to the shops inside and the offices for the airline.
Old Aug 9, 07, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Silver, Morton's VIP, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by AAaLot View Post
Going through security today I noticed the UPS guy was in line to deliver some packages inside security.

What would be the funnest thing we could have the UPS driver take through security? Who would get in trouble: the shipper or the driver?

I wonder if they would deliver to 'the passenger at gate 21 wearing a yellow shirt.'
I don't think they would deliver to a pax.
cheers
howie
Old Aug 9, 07, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

What about if somone shipped a gun into security? Does the ups guy go to jail?
Old Aug 9, 07, 6:14 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by mikeon View Post
Strangest item I've seen in a ups package would be a full size electronic telescope that was being delivered to a store. I see the UPS and DHL guys every week always bringing in trolleys full of packages.

I don't think they deliver to passengers though, only to the shops inside and the offices for the airline.
In college, I had a position with UPS where I would Doc Audit international exports before they left the United States. This is done so that invoices can be sent-ahead for fast customs clearance.

This is one of the few positions where you get to OPEN packages.

OMG .. The things I found in some of the packages probably rival what TSAers find in checked luggage.

SDF_Traveler
Old Aug 9, 07, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
UPS drivers can bring wrapped unopened packages into the secure area? Uh, isn't this security problem?
Old Aug 9, 07, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler View Post
UPS drivers can bring wrapped unopened packages into the secure area? Uh, isn't this security problem?
'Known shipper'-no more of a problem than all the unscreened cargo in the baggage hold...
Old Aug 9, 07, 9:58 am

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First, Hertz #1Gold
Originally Posted by txrus View Post
'Known shipper'-no more of a problem than all the unscreened cargo in the baggage hold...
Let's see . . . brown shirt, brown shorts, wrapped package. No problem. OBL himself could probably get through.

Another stellar moment in "Homeland Security."
Old Aug 9, 07, 10:10 am

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Great Idea

Originally Posted by txrus View Post
It would be less expensive to UPS a few bottles of water to yourself inside the sterile area than buy them at the overpriced monopoly stores.
Old Aug 9, 07, 3:48 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by vassilipan View Post
Let's see . . . brown shirt, brown shorts, wrapped package. No problem. OBL himself could probably get through.

Another stellar moment in "Homeland Security."
Ever see Burn Notice on USA? The hero used that ploy: <paraphrase> "Want to get into a place you ordinarily wouldn't? Get a courier uniform, a small package and a clipboard. Couriers get past security and receptionists very easily."

Search this Thread