FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   Want to have fun with the UPS guy? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/723403-want-have-fun-ups-guy.html)

AAaLot Aug 8, 2007 7:28 pm

Want to have fun with the UPS guy?

Going through security today I noticed the UPS guy was in line to deliver some packages inside security.

What would be the funnest thing we could have the UPS driver take through security? Who would get in trouble: the shipper or the driver?

I wonder if they would deliver to 'the passenger at gate 21 wearing a yellow shirt.'

mikeon Aug 9, 2007 12:55 am

Strangest item I've seen in a ups package would be a full size electronic telescope that was being delivered to a store. I see the UPS and DHL guys every week always bringing in trolleys full of packages.

I don't think they deliver to passengers though, only to the shops inside and the offices for the airline.

stockmanjr Aug 9, 2007 1:38 am

Originally Posted by AAaLot (Post 8199280)
Going through security today I noticed the UPS guy was in line to deliver some packages inside security.

What would be the funnest thing we could have the UPS driver take through security? Who would get in trouble: the shipper or the driver?

I wonder if they would deliver to 'the passenger at gate 21 wearing a yellow shirt.'

I don't think they would deliver to a pax.
cheers
howie

AAaLot Aug 9, 2007 4:39 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

What about if somone shipped a gun into security? Does the ups guy go to jail?

SDF_Traveler Aug 9, 2007 5:14 am

Originally Posted by mikeon (Post 8200797)
Strangest item I've seen in a ups package would be a full size electronic telescope that was being delivered to a store. I see the UPS and DHL guys every week always bringing in trolleys full of packages.

I don't think they deliver to passengers though, only to the shops inside and the offices for the airline.

In college, I had a position with UPS where I would Doc Audit international exports before they left the United States. This is done so that invoices can be sent-ahead for fast customs clearance.

This is one of the few positions where you get to OPEN packages.

OMG .. The things I found in some of the packages probably rival what TSAers find in checked luggage. :D

SDF_Traveler

whirledtraveler Aug 9, 2007 6:16 am

UPS drivers can bring wrapped unopened packages into the secure area? Uh, isn't this security problem?

txrus Aug 9, 2007 8:05 am

Originally Posted by whirledtraveler (Post 8201440)
UPS drivers can bring wrapped unopened packages into the secure area? Uh, isn't this security problem?

'Known shipper'-no more of a problem than all the unscreened cargo in the baggage hold...:rolleyes:

vassilipan Aug 9, 2007 8:58 am

Originally Posted by txrus (Post 8201904)
'Known shipper'-no more of a problem than all the unscreened cargo in the baggage hold...:rolleyes:

Let's see . . . brown shirt, brown shorts, wrapped package. No problem. OBL himself could probably get through.

Another stellar moment in "Homeland Security."

Flaflyer Aug 9, 2007 9:10 am

Great Idea

Originally Posted by txrus (Post 8201904)

It would be less expensive to UPS a few bottles of water to yourself inside the sterile area than buy them at the overpriced monopoly stores.

jonesing Aug 9, 2007 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by vassilipan (Post 8202195)
Let's see . . . brown shirt, brown shorts, wrapped package. No problem. OBL himself could probably get through.

Another stellar moment in "Homeland Security."

Ever see Burn Notice on USA? The hero used that ploy: <paraphrase> "Want to get into a place you ordinarily wouldn't? Get a courier uniform, a small package and a clipboard. Couriers get past security and receptionists very easily."