Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barf Beamers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Barf Beamers

Flashlight Weapon Makes Targets Throw Up

It appears Homeland "Security" already has its heart set on a few of these ...
DHS hopes to equip police, Border Patrol agents and National Guardsmen with the barf-beamers by 2010.
... so they'll undoubtedly be coming soon to your favorite TSA checkpoint.

Do you want to fly today? Do you want to keep your breakfast down?

Last edited by MikeMpls; Aug 7, 2007 at 9:24 pm
Old Aug 7, 2007, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

"You didn't throw up in front of Dean Wormer - You threw up ON Dean Wormer!!!"
:-)
Old Aug 7, 2007, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I can just see them abusing their power with these. Will they make the perp clean up his/her own throw up like they made that lady clean up the spilled juice?

Give me a break, what's next? Who the hell are they going to use these on? If someone speaks up to them are they going to use it? If someone doesn't have his kippy bag ready will they use it? What are going to be the ground rules for using it?

So are they going to hold up the already security lines while they make someone vomit. I can hear them now, "Ok, you good for nothing passengers, step over the vomit and hurry up about it or you will be next. You will all see that next to the Kippy bags we provide, you will find your puke bag just in case we choose you for our next victim." If you do not use this bag we will use this weapon on you until you do.

This is ludicrous! Is homeland security going madder than they already are? If they used this on me I would make sure to aim my vomit right at him as he does the goose step deciding who will be his next victim. I am so mad at the thought of this that I can't even type.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:07 pm
In memoriam

This appears to be a despicable weapon thought up by despicable people. And right in line with George Orwell's thought in 1984:

"f you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever."

I'd ask what is wrong with these folks, but, I guess we, sadly, already know.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Wait until the first lawsuit from an epileptic.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeMpls

... so they'll undoubtedly be coming soon to your favorite TSA checkpoint.
Yeah, undoubtedly.

While I'm no fan of DHS/TSA, I think it unlikely that these end up at a TSA checkpoint.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The TSA needs to invest in these? I already get nauseous when I go near a TSA checkpoint...and it doesn't cost them a dime.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:21 pm

The last line states, "DHS hopes to equip police, Border Patrol agents and National Guardsmen with the barf-beamers by 2010."
There is absolutely no mention of the TSA in this article. Why does everyone jump to the conclusion that TSO's are going to be wielding these things at the checkpoints? US Customs and Border Protection, ICE, USSS, US Coast Guard and FAMS are all law enforcement entities within the DHS who may have a need for a new less lethal tool. Of course I can think of a few that are a little less messy.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I don't see the average TSAer carrying one of these-maybe one per checkpoint with the supervisor. It looks like some kind of pain compliance type device, probably intended for use only to subdue someone in a non-lethal manner.

With any luck, the bored TSA crew won't decide to 'have a little fun with the barfer' when things get slow. Excuse me, sir...Look at this light please.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
From the article: "DHS hopes to equip police, Border Patrol agents and National Guardsmen with the barf-beamers by 2010."

No mention of the TSA, but I wouldn't but it past them.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:57 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
It opens up HUGE possibilities for childhood summer camp pranks. Cabin raids will never be the same again
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Getting ready for a zero liquids rule?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by mmartin4600
The last line states, "DHS hopes to equip police, Border Patrol agents and National Guardsmen with the barf-beamers by 2010."
There is absolutely no mention of the TSA in this article. Why does everyone jump to the conclusion that TSO's are going to be wielding these things at the checkpoints? US Customs and Border Protection, ICE, USSS, US Coast Guard and FAMS are all law enforcement entities within the DHS who may have a need for a new less lethal tool. Of course I can think of a few that are a little less messy.
There is usually one or more police officers at each TSA checkpoint, and national guardsmen often assist at airports even though they are not part of DHS. What I found most interesting that DHS is the only enthusiastic agency referenced in the article.

"Slimed" (watch Ghostbusters) could yet become an every day phonomenon in America.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

"You didn't throw up in front of Dean Wormer - You threw up ON Dean Wormer!!!"
:-)
I'd love to throw up (and preferably, have explosive diarrhea) on Comrade Chertoff.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Superguy
(and preferably, have explosive diarrhea) on Comrade Chertoff.
You'll have to wait until they rev the product for that enhancement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.