Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Homeland Security employees leaving at higher-than-average rate

Old Jul 20, 07, 7:11 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member

GovernmentExec.com article

Senior Homeland Security Department employees left their jobs over the past two years at rates significantly higher than the average for other Cabinet-level departments, according to a report released Monday by the Government Accountability Office.

Attrition rates for Homeland Security's Senior Executive Service positions or those requiring presidential appointment were 14.5 percent in 2005 and 12.8 percent in 2006, the report (GAO-07-758) stated. That's more than twice the average attrition at all Cabinet-level departments of 7 percent and 6 percent during the same years.

The report comes on the heels of several other accounts of a leadership vacuum at Homeland Security.
You don't say.

And BTW, which is it: hiring success or no success?

Old Jul 21, 07, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Would you want to work for DHS?

I would think having that on your resume would blacklist you for life. Maybe career minded people don't want to soil their reputations.
Old Jul 21, 07, 12:38 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I guess people are waking up and finding out that they work for the Communist Party all of a sudden?

I agree with Superguy. Maybe they're quitting, returning to Wal-Mart + 1 or 2 other jobs so that DHS is no longer among the last 3 jobs worked and therefore not on the resume any longer?
Old Jul 21, 07, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
I guess people are waking up and finding out that they work for the Communist Party all of a sudden?

I agree with Superguy. Maybe they're quitting, returning to Wal-Mart + 1 or 2 other jobs so that DHS is no longer among the last 3 jobs worked and therefore not on the resume any longer?
Maybe so, if they want to come work for you.

What if someone applied for a job from you and listed TSA as their last employer and Kip as a reference?
Old Jul 21, 07, 8:32 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Superguy View Post
Maybe so, if they want to come work for you.

What if someone applied for a job from you and listed TSA as their last employer and Kip as a reference?
Is it illegal to shred someone's resume while they're still in the process of handing it to you?
Old Jul 21, 07, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
Is it illegal to shred someone's resume while they're still in the process of handing it to you?
I'd have guessed you'd have a revolving door, but that works too.

Search this Thread