FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   1,000 posts later (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/715844-1-000-posts-later.html)

VideoPaul Jul 18, 2007 10:39 pm

1,000 posts later

I joined flyertalk in 2005 after a friend of mine pointed it out to me and I found a fertile ground for discussing the utter lunacy that has the TSA in 2005.

This is my 1,000th post, so I thought it might be a good time to look back on 1,000 posts to see what has changed in that time...

The TSA got even wackier with the liquid ban and requiring us to remove shoes to run them through an X-ray that can't detect explosives to screen them for explosives.

The more I fly CO, the more I LOVE CO!!

The TSA has proven that they can change their rules at the drop of a hat to make them more restrictive, but then it comes to relaxing them we hear how long it takes to make a change in their rules and disseminate it amongst the troops.

The amount of gum-cracking barely literate morons wearing the shirts wit hhe sewn-on badges has decereased. This is a good thing.

We have seen the creation of catch phrases like "Terminal dump" and "Do you want to fly today?"

One fabulous TSA yahoo suspended the first amendment at MKE and the story was picked up by every press agency from here to Moscow

We have seen water changed from the universal solvent and the fundamental precursor of life itself to a weapon of mass destruction to be banned from the cabin of aircraft. Unless the stu's bring it aboard. Then it's okay.

I watched a 70 year old Roman Catholic nun in full regalia body-searched at ORD T2, but drunken America Worst pilots get into the cockpit and get strapped in and ready to light the fires before someone jerks them off the airplane.

I sent a broadcast television camera with tape rolling through the X-ray machine at ORD just to see what would come out on the tape, and wound up also capturing the sound and video of four TSA employees on the other side standing around complaining about how unfair their schedules are instead of screening passengers. And we wonder why the TSA costs us $6 BLN a year.

The fist-shaking, slogan chanting union bosses over at AMFA declared a strike against NWA and promised with the fire of a thousand suns that their strike would bring NWA to its knees and cripple the airline until NWA buckled under the weight of the strike. NWA is still in business and out of bankruptcy without the overpriced contract AMFA was fighting to maintain, thousands of union workers lost their gigs at NWA for having listened to the union bosses, replacement workers who are interested in earning a paycheck instead of walking around in a circle holding a sign on a stick becuase some union hack told them to have their jobs and while many of the union membership lost houses, cars and livelihoods, the union bosses didn't lose a dime.

Southwest Airlines parked a 737 on a minivan on a Chicago city street

I wonder what will have happened by the 2,000th post!

--PP

VelvetKennedy Jul 18, 2007 10:45 pm

So what you're saying is you have enough posts to get to see the OMNI board?

:)

AirlineBrat53 Jul 19, 2007 1:26 am

You'll get to complain about the new oh so stylish uniforms that the TSA is changing to 2008. They're going to look like skycaps. This is the 3rd change in less than 5 years. Nothing like wasting money is there?

ab53

I-flybynight Jul 19, 2007 1:32 am

I heard TSA was referred to in Asia as standing for
The
Stupid
American

MKEbound Jul 19, 2007 6:19 am

Congratulations on your 1,000th post

xamsx Jul 19, 2007 7:17 am

Originally Posted by I-flybynight (Post 8081765)
I heard TSA was referred to in Asia as standing for
The
Stupid
American

Just in Asia?

(Apologies to competent TSA agents. :) )

doober Jul 19, 2007 9:40 am

YouTube

I sent a broadcast television camera with tape rolling through the X-ray machine at ORD just to see what would come out on the tape, and wound up also capturing the sound and video of four TSA employees on the other side standing around complaining about how unfair their schedules are instead of screening passengers. And we wonder why the TSA costs us $6 BLN a year.
We need to see this on YouTube.

goalie Jul 19, 2007 10:20 am

Originally Posted by doober (Post 8084017)

Originally Posted by VideoPaul
.....I sent a broadcast television camera with tape rolling through the X-ray machine at ORD just to see what would come out on the tape, and wound up also capturing the sound and video of four TSA employees on the other side standing around complaining about how unfair their schedules are instead of screening passengers. And we wonder why the TSA costs us $6 BLN a year.....

no, this needs to go to all the major networks. the gub'ment will simply blow off youtube but it won't be able to blow off network news.

essxjay Jul 19, 2007 11:07 am

Originally Posted by doober (Post 8084017)

Link?

coachrowsey Jul 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Congradulations on post 1000.

guloxi Jul 19, 2007 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by VideoPaul (Post 8081382)
I joined flyertalk in 2005 after a friend of mine pointed it out to me and I found a fertile ground for discussing the utter lunacy that has the TSA in 2005.

This is my 1,000th post, so I thought it might be a good time to look back on 1,000 posts to see what has changed in that time...

The TSA got even wackier with the liquid ban and requiring us to remove shoes to run them through an X-ray that can't detect explosives to screen them for explosives.

The more I fly CO, the more I LOVE CO!!

The TSA has proven that they can change their rules at the drop of a hat to make them more restrictive, but then it comes to relaxing them we hear how long it takes to make a change in their rules and disseminate it amongst the troops.

The amount of gum-cracking barely literate morons wearing the shirts wit hhe sewn-on badges has decereased. This is a good thing.

We have seen the creation of catch phrases like "Terminal dump" and "Do you want to fly today?"

One fabulous TSA yahoo suspended the first amendment at MKE and the story was picked up by every press agency from here to Moscow

We have seen water changed from the universal solvent and the fundamental precursor of life itself to a weapon of mass destruction to be banned from the cabin of aircraft. Unless the stu's bring it aboard. Then it's okay.

I watched a 70 year old Roman Catholic nun in full regalia body-searched at ORD T2, but drunken America Worst pilots get into the cockpit and get strapped in and ready to light the fires before someone jerks them off the airplane.

The fist-shaking, slogan chanting union bosses over at AMFA declared a strike against NWA and promised with the fire of a thousand suns that their strike would bring NWA to its knees and cripple the airline until NWA buckled under the weight of the strike. NWA is still in business and out of bankruptcy without the overpriced contract AMFA was fighting to maintain, thousands of union workers lost their gigs at NWA for having listened to the union bosses, replacement workers who are interested in earning a paycheck instead of walking around in a circle holding a sign on a stick becuase some union hack told them to have their jobs and while many of the union membership lost houses, cars and livelihoods, the union bosses didn't lose a dime.

Southwest Airlines parked a 737 on a minivan on a Chicago city street

I wonder what will have happened by the 2,000th post!

--PP

Congratulations on your 1000th!

As you can see, I don't post very often, which brings me to my question:

Considering travel time, work time, family time, life in general, etc., how do you (and others) find the time to post so often? Seems like I barely have time to read the forums two or three time a week.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the posting, I get some really good and interesting information here.

Safe travels!

coachrowsey Jul 19, 2007 5:03 pm

To answer that question you need to get into OMNI. I think you need to make 80 posts first.

doober Jul 19, 2007 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by essxjay (Post 8084589)
Link?

No link, just a suggestion that OP put it on YouTube.