Wiki Posts
Search

Top 10 list of TSA complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by DL4EVR
It's not working anymore! Do you think Komrades Kip and Chertoff got ahold of it and demanded the site be shut down? LOL
This is disturbing. I'm on the phone with Comcast now.

Wonder if it got too many hits.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Superguy
This is disturbing.
Don't forget to send us postcards from Guantanamo.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Don't forget to send us postcards from Guantanamo.
lol

And the Comcast lady is clueless.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:15 pm

Not all are TSA issues. Some are problems caused by the airlines and some by other organizations, both federal and local.

1. LEOs preboarding
2. LEOs walking up exit lanes
3. No explosive checks at screening (ie-shoe carnival, liquid ban)
4. Not enough security screening for people with access to tarmac but who don't go into terminal
5. TSA mission of look for weapon, not wielder
6. Overnighting aircraft with no real security
7. More intel to the people actually doing the job
8. Listen to those same people doing the job. They see things the desk jockeys don't and might have an idea or two.
9. Roving TSA teams (this is beyond the scope of their training and authority)
10. Lack of Starbucks in DCA inside security

Somebody better get moving on number 10, I tell you......
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superguy
This is disturbing. I'm on the phone with Comcast now.

Wonder if it got too many hits.
Who's going to manage the bail bond fund? I'll contribute!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fixed.

Files were still there. However, my personal webpage got shut down. Re-enabled it in my account.

I'm a bit miffed this happened, as I don't think it was accidental.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by TakeScissorsAway
#8 We are now screening security side employees. And BTW.....they hate it.
Let's keep this going. Have seen some good ones.

I know for fact that many airports are still NOT screening air side employees!!! How do you think you can get a case of wine home from Europe in a bag in the overhead compartment?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond
Insulin Needles

I use the cartridge needles for my insulin. They are very tiny, more harmless than any pen or pencil. However, the brilliant TSA in COS decided that they were a hazard to air traffic safety and took them away. Then proceeded to scold me for attempting to "smuggle" them onboard . FWIW I always take them with me and have only had that one incident. But it just goes to show you that no two TSAs think alike...
Old Jul 16, 2007, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by einTier
I hate what's happened to security since 9/11. I can remember once leaving my house with 30 minutes to go before my flight -- and still making it on board.
I wonder if this is due to increased security or merely the ever-increasing numbers of air travelers over the past seven years. Which in turn is due to the rapidly changing economy which is itself also subject to a sort of Moore's Law. We're now within a few years away from 9/11 being one decade old.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Rocketman93455
I use the cartridge needles for my insulin. They are very tiny, more harmless than any pen or pencil. However, the brilliant TSA in COS decided that they were a hazard to air traffic safety and took them away. Then proceeded to scold me for attempting to "smuggle" them onboard . FWIW I always take them with me and have only had that one incident. But it just goes to show you that no two TSAs think alike...
Did you have the prescription with you? Did you ask for a supervisor?

I would have sent a letter to the COS media had it happened to me, as well as contacting my Member of Congress requesting "clarification" from DHS on this (to make sure DHS gets noticed on the COS problem).
Old Jul 16, 2007, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DCA TSO
I wonder if this is due to increased security or merely the ever-increasing numbers of air travelers over the past seven years. Which in turn is due to the rapidly changing economy which is itself also subject to a sort of Moore's Law. We're now within a few years away from 9/11 being one decade old.
Can you please clarify for me more information about Moore's law? What is your situations about Moore's law?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:13 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I do not like it when they give me a choice between being delayed by the extra checking/harassment and exposing my breasts by removing female suit jackets, which often only have a minimal shell underneath that is not modest at all and not meant for public display.

I have learned to travel in more masculine clothes, but I resent it.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rocketman93455
Now this is scary ... I also have diabetes (type 1) and always carry my current syringe and an extra -- not just cartridge needles but regular 3/10 cc syringes. If a TSA agent took them away, I would have no choice but to turn around and not board. I would of course call for a supervisor immediately. This is totally contrary to TSA's own published policy on medical equipment.

Please report this to the American Diabetes Association, which has a very active advocacy program. Unfortunately I don't know exactly where to report it. Their web site is diabetes.org.

I have never had any reaction from screeners to my needles. Most are adequately informed -- they must see dozens every day given the number of diabetics in the US. The only time they even looked closely was nearly 30 years ago, and it wasn't the syringe or needle they noticed but the steel cylinder in which (in those days) I carried my glass syringe in an alcohol bath.

Edward
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Can you please clarify for me more information about Moore's law? What is your situations about Moore's law?
There are probably folks here on FT who could explain it better. And perhaps I misapplied it. But anyway, I understand Moore's Law, which was originally applied to computer technology, to be the inexorable decrease in time it takes (half the time) for technological change to occur (doubling). In economic terms it would be increasing on an increasing scale (i.e., change is occuring at a faster and faster rate).
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by DCA TSO
There are probably folks here on FT who could explain it better. And perhaps I misapplied it. But anyway, I understand Moore's Law, which was originally applied to computer technology, to be the inexorable decrease in time it takes (half the time) for technological change to occur (doubling). In economic terms it would be increasing on an increasing scale (i.e., change is occuring at a faster and faster rate).
I think you're really mis-applying Moore's Law. It deals with transistors and isn't even remotely related to passengers using the now-stupid-rules-laden-checkpoints.

Please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moores_law

Your idiot boss Kip hawley loves to throw out technological terms he doesn't understand. "X-ray! Liquid terror! Shoe-icide!" Resist the temptation to follow in that imbecile's footsteps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.