Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Chertoff: 'Gut feeling' that U.S. at high risk for attack

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chertoff: 'Gut feeling' that U.S. at high risk for attack

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Where are the comments? Didn't see any at the bottom of the link.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Superguy
Where are the comments? Didn't see any at the bottom of the link.
They're in the blog, not the article.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...da-cell-i.html
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:36 pm

I was having a feeling in my gut, so I thought I'd better post in this all important thread again. I wonder if Chertoff's gut was acting up because a certain someone was testifying before the house judiciary committee.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Found them. Didn't know there was a blog link being referred to.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
I predict a mob hit somewhere in the US this year. Yeah I am kind of going out on a limb here,,,, So if something happens Chertoff and I can look like genius wonders!

Oh but realistically, can either of us do anything about it? I didn't think so.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 5:44 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by toadman
Didn't Cheney have a gut feeling back in '03 that if we got hit again, he and Bush needed to be in office to take care of the terrorists? I feel a migrain coming on. I have a gut feeling that Chertoff caused it.
nope, "gun feeling" when he shot his hunting buddy in the face <ok, back to my room now>
Old Jul 11, 2007, 7:12 pm

Pathetic that this is the top story on every news channel all day...and lord knows what would've happened if someone not part of the Bush administration made this comment....probably would be sent to Guantanamo
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:10 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Still on the news...even on the sites such as Drudge and FoxNews...looks like maybe Jagoff...err...Chertoff might have caused problems for himself.......HAHAHAHA! Never with the current leadersip...but just maybe (fingers crossed!)
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Too bad he didn't have any gut feelings (or guts to do something) about Heckuva-Job Brownie and New Orleans!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Spiff
The Fascists are usually rather efficient with their tyranny. The Communists tend to be very inefficient, create unnecessary jobs and delays, are usually grossly incompetent (with the exception of terrorising the population), and also take everyone's money.

Communism is like a giant ponzi scam. There's a few people at the top getting rich off of everyone else, a few more getting by in the middle, and everyone else getting screwed.

The TSA is Communism to a T.
But Communism as practiced in Russia was not true Communism. It, too, was more fascism than Communism. As for the efficiency thing, it is actually an urban legend that Mussolini made the trains run on time. For efficiency, gotta go with the Swiss. And chocolate. Ummmm, chocolate.

Oh, Spiff, one other thing: "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, doing whatever Spiderpig does."

Mike
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:33 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite, DL, HH, Victoria Court Select Member
I have a gut feeling he is full of IT.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
All hail the prophetic gut! Withering commentary from MSNBC's Keith Olbermann

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19732730/

You have by now heard the remark — instantly added to our through-the-looking-glass lexicon of the 21st century, a time when we suddenly started referring to this country as “the homeland,” as if anybody here has used that term since Charles Lindbergh or the German-American Bund in 1940.

Which, he took pains to emphasize, was based on no specific nor even vague intelligence that we are entering a period of increased risk of terrorism here.

He got as specific as saying that al-Qaida seems to like the summer, but as to the rest of it, he is perfectly content to let us sit and wait and worry — and to contemplate his gut.

His gut!

{...additional copyrighted material deleted by moderator.}

Last edited by essxjay; Jul 14, 2007 at 11:49 pm Reason: Per TOS on copyrights
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:17 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by NWstu
Suffice to say, Mr. Chertoff: If it ever can be proved, there will be a lot of people from Homeland Security and other outposts of this remarkably corrupt administration who will be going to prison.
Comrade Chertoff and Comrade Hawley will be the recipients of a pro bono, expert witness for the prosecution when their lies are exposed.

Both of those punks have been lying to the American people and our guests for years. And I look forward to helping both of those clowns go to prison.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:28 am
Suspended

Rep. Bennie Thompson

In response to Chertoff's gut, Bennie Thompson has said:

"What color code in the Homeland Security Advisory System is associated with a ‘gut feeling’? What sectors should be on alert as a result of your ‘gut feeling’? What cities should be asking their law enforcement to work double shifts because of your ‘gut feeling’?
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...414.shtml?s=ic
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
When Orange Is an Agent of Government, Guess Who Bears the Brunt?

From today's NY Times in Clyde Haberman's column:
When Orange Is an Agent of Government, Guess Who Bears the Brunt?
By CLYDE HABERMAN
Published: July 13, 2007

Yesterday might well have been called Orange Day in New York. It was the anniversary of the Orange riots of 1870 and 1871: battles in the city between Irish Protestants and Irish Catholics on July 12 of each of those years. Some accounts put the total death toll at 75.

In another sense, every day is Orange Day in New York.

That is the shade of the terror alert we live with, according to the Department of Homeland Security’s color-coded system of threat levels. Orange signifies a “high” risk of attack, a status that the city shares only with airliners. The rest of the country is deemed safer, its risk pegged at yellow, or “elevated.” Aren’t we the lucky ones?

{additional copyrighted material deleted by moderator.}

Last edited by essxjay; Jul 14, 2007 at 11:47 pm Reason: Per TOS on copyrights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.