Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woman Says Breast Milk Kept Her Off Plane

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
The problem isn't a matter of inconvenient. The problem is how is she supposed to get the milk to baby?
If it is expressed before clearing security then it's checked and she claims it at her destination. If it is expressed after clearing security then she keeps it with her. This isn't rocket science.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
You don't seriously think this is simply about convenience... do you?
I know exactly what this is about. Both of our kids were nursed for extended periods of time. I'm quite familiar with the challenges.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by LarryJ
If it is expressed before clearing security then it's checked and she claims it at her destination.
She checks it, but she goes ORD-JFK, but the "checked bag" goes ORD-LAX, ORD-LHR or ORD-SYD. What is she to do when she meets her baby - go to Shop Rite or A&P to buy some breast milk, because her "checked bag" will not arrive for a day or two?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by the_traveler
She checks it, but she goes ORD-JFK, but the "checked bag" goes ORD-LAX, ORD-LHR or ORD-SYD. What is she to do when she meets her baby - go to Shop Rite or A&P to buy some breast milk, because her "checked bag" will not arrive for a day or two?
Comrade, you do not realize that perception of safety as dictated by Comrade Hawley is more important than health of infant!

Rules are rules, Comrade!

Just because something is impossible doesn't mean we can't make a rule to prevent it!

Comrade Hawley says no magic at the checkpoint! That includes magic liquid explosives!!! Do you want to go to the Gulag today?!? Back in line!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
I know exactly what this is about. Both of our kids were nursed for extended periods of time. I'm quite familiar with the challenges.
I'm betting you weren't the one actually doing the nursing.

If it is expressed after clearing security then she keeps it with her. This isn't rocket science.
You're right. That silly woman should have arrived at the airport earlier than normal, gone through security and then expressed her milk. She should have set up to do so in the gate area so that she didn't miss any announcements, or, if she were too modest to express in public, she should have perched on a toilet seat in the women's restroom.

Then she could have carried on all the milk her breasts would pump.

Hmm... It's not rocket science. Why do you suppose she didn't choose to do express at the airport?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Comrade Hawley says no magic at the checkpoint! That includes magic liquid explosives!!! Do you want to go to the Gulag today?!? Back in line!
So that's what all those suicide bombers have straped to their chests! All these years I actually thought they had bombs!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
So that's what all those suicide bombers have straped to their chests! All these years I actually thought they had bombs!
Since when do suicide bombers blow things up with breast milk?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 3:05 pm

All I'm saying is that TSA thinks that the liquid contained in them is explosive - and therefore is too dangerous to be carried through security. So therefore, the thing on the chest must be dangerous!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
All I'm saying is that TSA thinks that the liquid contained in them is explosive - and therefore is too dangerous to be carried through security. So therefore, the thing on the chest must be dangerous!
I'll inspect them if that's the case.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:14 am

She checks it, but she goes ORD-JFK, but the "checked bag" goes ORD-LAX, ORD-LHR or ORD-SYD.
Statistically, that should happen in about one out of every 200 trips.

What is she to do
You really don't know?

She does the same thing that millions of other mothers do when the quantity of milk that they produce is less than the amount that the baby needs.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
You're right. That silly woman should have arrived at the airport earlier than normal, gone through security and then expressed her milk. She should have set up to do so in the gate area so that she didn't miss any announcements, or, if she were too modest to express in public, she should have perched on a toilet seat in the women's restroom.
Obviously, she should have expected that the rules would be waived just for her.

Oh, wait... That's what she DID do.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Obviously, she should have expected that the rules would be waived just for her.

Oh, wait... That's what she DID do.
More likely it simply did not occur to her that the TSA would be so ing stupid as to require confiscation (oh, sorry voluntary surrender) of breast milk.

Not everyone hangs on every word the TSA spouts.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
When Comrade Hawley says "jump!", you jump, Comrade!

Repeat after me, Comrades:

"If you want to fly, you must comply"!

Part of new TSA training requires screaming the above at Telescreen for 2 minutes each mid-morning.

It does not matter if rules are predicated upon lies, Comrades! Comrade Hawley is always right. Some of you have dangerous ideas to the contrary. The gulags will be full with your kind if you do not change your tune and start marching to Comrade Hawley's idiotic and perverse beat!

Wake up! Drink Coffee! Work for State! (slogan on coffee mugs sold at Statue Park in Budapest)
Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
More likely it simply did not occur to her that the TSA would be so ing stupid as to require confiscation (oh, sorry voluntary surrender) of breast milk.
She's a frequent business traveler. Liquid restrictions should not be a surprise to her.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
She's a frequent business traveler. Liquid restrictions should not be a surprise to her.
The 'restrictions' are often a surprise:
She added that when she traveled from O'Hare to Newark, N.J., last month, she had no issues bringing several breast milk pouches onto the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.