FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   List of countries where shoes must come off at airport security checkpoints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/696698-list-countries-where-shoes-must-come-off-airport-security-checkpoints.html)

gnomey Sep 14, 2022 2:56 am

Panama
does anybody knows if shoes still need to come off at the PTY security line these days when going from landside to airside?
(i know shoes need to come off during secondary screening at departure gate for US-bound flights)

dmarge18 Jan 23, 2024 8:15 am

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 34598799)
Panama
does anybody knows if shoes still need to come off at the PTY security line these days when going from landside to airside?
(i know shoes need to come off during secondary screening at departure gate for US-bound flights)

Last time I was there was Oct 2021, but you did have to take your shoes off at the initial security. I don't think I took them off at the gate security (US flights), but did have to dump water. Pretty poor set up with no bathrooms/water in the gatehouse w/o having to go through security again. Surprising in a nice new airport wing.

NoFilterDan Feb 20, 2024 1:59 am

This past week, no shoes off at Changi Terminal 4 and KLIA Terminal C, just belts if wearing.

dmarge18 Feb 27, 2024 2:39 pm

No shoes off at DEL/BLR/LHR the past 2 weeks, so long as you had simple sneakers/slip ons.

YogiB Feb 28, 2024 6:53 am

Canada can have an asterisk attached: Yes - when flying to the USA (*except Trusted Traveler (NEXUS) members.)

Every time at AMS, shoes had to come of (talking about 2011-2020.) Probably hasn't changed.

dmarge18 Feb 28, 2024 10:40 am

Originally Posted by YogiB (Post 36037172)
Canada can have an asterisk attached: Yes - when flying to the USA (*except Trusted Traveler (NEXUS) members.)

My first flight out of Canada in a few years last December, I was surprised I was allowed to keep shoes on. It seemed like if you had simple sneakers/slip ons it was OK.

cargueiro Feb 29, 2024 11:03 pm

Have flown through IST, PRG, BHX, MGQ, AMS, GRU, GIG, AEP, PDP, NAT, REC, MVD, ZRH and FRA in last three weeks.

AMS and MGQ were the only ones that required shoes off. AMS seems to depend on shoe type whilst MGQ requires all shoes off.

radonc1 Mar 1, 2024 10:44 am

All airports in Egypt require shoes off at the second security checkpoint.

dmarge18 Mar 5, 2024 9:11 am

Any recent flights through ICN? Have a transit security and normal check-in security coming up. Shoes, any crazy liquid/electronics rules?

zig666 Mar 5, 2024 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by YogiB (Post 36037172)

Every time at AMS, shoes had to come of (talking about 2011-2020.) Probably hasn't changed.

Shoes have not come off in AMS in many years. Thinking pre-pandemic. No laptops or liquids out for years as well. Smooth sailing if it weren’t for their staffing issues the part few years.