FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Ticket "Remark"=HaraSSSSment? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/692634-ticket-remark-harassssment.html)

DL4EVR May 13, 2007 9:34 am

Ticket "Remark"=HaraSSSSment?

First and foremost I'm not sure if this belongs in TS&S or the Delta forum, so mods feel free to move it if I posted this in the wrong place.

In July I'm doing a transcon turn with my mom on DL in order to help her reach PM by the end of the year. It's the same aircraft, more than likely the same crew, and exactly 50 minutes on the ground. Delta made one of their usually Saturday schedule changes and I called up this morning to have it fixed. As the agent was fixing it, she said something about putting a "remark" on the ticket. Does anyone know what "remark" means? The only thing I could think of would be SSSS, since I guess it is a rather suspicious looking itinerary.

If anyone has any answers I'd greatly appreciate it!!

PTravel May 13, 2007 9:49 am

Originally Posted by DL4EVR (Post 7729363)
First and foremost I'm not sure if this belongs in TS&S or the Delta forum, so mods feel free to move it if I posted this in the wrong place.

In July I'm doing a transcon turn with my mom on DL in order to help her reach PM by the end of the year. It's the same aircraft, more than likely the same crew, and exactly 50 minutes on the ground. Delta made one of their usually Saturday schedule changes and I called up this morning to have it fixed. As the agent was fixing it, she said something about putting a "remark" on the ticket. Does anyone know what "remark" means? The only thing I could think of would be SSSS, since I guess it is a rather suspicious looking itinerary.

I don't think it means SSSS. Agents have a notes section in the PNR where they can put pertinent (and sometimes not so pertinent and even impertinent) remarks, e.g. "called to change flights due to schedule change -- no change fee assessed" or something similar.

SDF_Traveler May 14, 2007 10:45 am

Originally Posted by DL4EVR (Post 7729363)

It was likely she was putting a note in the PNR that you called in and requested a change and that no fees were assessed because of schedule change.

Agents are able to put notes into PNR's. I've flown on similar tickets and have made such changes without problem.

On one trip I flew from MEL-SYD-HNL-LAX-DFW-BOS-DFW-LAX all in one go -- There were several sched changes between booking and travel, and I had to call in and make changes. Lets just say that was one long series of flights!

TheRoadie May 15, 2007 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler (Post 7734412)
Agents are able to put notes into PNR's. I've flown on similar tickets and have made such changes without problem.

A coworker at a job many years ago was able to impersonate an admin assistant, call the airline before a hated boss in another department flew 12 hours to Asia, and get a note added to advise them the passenger was a possible abusive alcoholic, and should not be offered any liquor. That note made it all the way to the gate, and the FAs were uniform in refusing him any booze, especially when he protested his innocence. Wonder if that kind of prank is still possible.