Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just found a knife on my plane

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA1P
Say hi to the FAM's. Ask them if you can buy them a drink. Start hitting on them telling them how handsome they are. <grin> Or use that webpage that displays some writing in Arabic in red with a big red count down timer. Pull out some bread and cheese and say outloud, "Wow, I really could use a knife" and then reach into your bag...for your ipod.

Was flying from Spain to FRA onto Russia about 8 months ago. I reached into my laptop bag and felt my Leatherman Wave. I kept quiet. Going to KUF was bad enough. I definitely didn't want Siberia.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

In true ft fashion I rerouted to us airways. The gas have been nothing but wonderful after I told them what happened. Another full y fare towards status never hurt anyone. I was getting weird looks from the other pax so I am just happy to be on another carrier. I have been helping the gas over here as they have a overly-hyper developmentally challenged pax flying with them. It is relaxing discussing wwe and explaining how the airline ife works on red eyes.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Suited gentleman already on ac sitting next to me. Fam. Yippee
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Is it just me? The posts all seem to be out of order in this thread...
Flyertalk wap edition has its clock messed up. I have posted both from my pc and my blackberry. Once everything gets settled I will pm mods to get things reorganized correctly.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Is it just me? The posts all seem to be out of order in this thread...
MrpAlert is a big fan of Kurosawa films!^
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:05 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert

Flyertalk wap edition has its clock messed up. I have posted both from my pc and my blackberry. Once everything gets settled I will pm mods to get things reorganized correctly.

Not sure what's happening here but the mod's can't change the order that the posts were logged. This is a project for the admin staff and I'll give them a heads-up on this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by Cholula; Mar 20, 2007 at 7:37 am
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:22 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
possibly from the DST problem?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 8:35 am

Pretty sure we fixed the issue ^, sorry about the confusion :-[.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
No good turn goes unpunished.
Quite. Lemme see now... pax finds knife and turns it in. So in the minds of TSA/FAM/sundry acronyms this pax is obviously a 'suspect'. Like a real terrist would surrender his/her weapon, or someone who had artfully concealed a knife to get it on board would then 'fess up.

Front Line Warriors my @ss
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:09 am
Suspended

Totally agree with Spiff - for heavens sake, if you find something like a knife, just put it back where you found it and keep your mouth shut. Why anyone would open themselves up to the TSA is beyond me.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Quite. Lemme see now... pax finds knife and turns it in. So in the minds of TSA/FAM/sundry acronyms this pax is obviously a 'suspect'. Like a real terrist would surrender his/her weapon, or someone who had artfully concealed a knife to get it on board would then 'fess up.

Front Line Warriors my @ss
First of all, this is typical of the TSA focusing on the non threats so the real threats (dishonest SIDA card holding airport employees, unscreened cargo...) to make darn sure that no one blows up an airplane with 3.5 ounces of cshampoo or toothpaste, and anyone pointout out a REAL threat is promptly harrassed and inconvnienced. If you had turned in a full bottle of Prell, you probably would have been shot right then and there.

--PP
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

I did receive a followup phone call from the TSA this afternoon. The call lasted just over 5 minutes and was friendly in the governmental fishing sort of way. I continued to answer the few questions asked of me truthfully and completely to the best of my ability. These new agents were professional and friendly, and their demeanor reminded me of how my friends who are LEO act when on-duty.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

It looks like this has hit the news. KGW Channel 8 has a report up on their website. I have not spoken to them or any other reporters nor do I really desire the publicity (unless someone wants to fly me in for an interview in paid F on a multi-segment itinerary). I must assume that their source is TSA, an employee, or a pax. Here is the link.

Follow up story with more details here.

This ordeal is causing me lot of stress. I am ready for it to be over, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Mar 20, 2007 at 6:12 pm
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You've posted nearly every detail about yesterday short of your bowel movements. And you've provided a link to the story in this forum.

And you do not desire publicity?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by doober
Totally agree with Spiff - for heavens sake, if you find something like a knife, just put it back where you found it and keep your mouth shut. Why anyone would open themselves up to the TSA is beyond me.
That way some other person can find it, and do the same thing until the person who finds it turns out to be a deranged lunatic and decides to do something stupid with it. Not sure keeping silent in this case would be the best thing to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.