Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawley Doesn't Want to Screen Cargo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2007, 2:07 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
I don't know if I should cry or laugh! Man, where is evolutionary theory when you NEED it?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 2:32 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread is truly Xanax-worthy.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 2:34 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by party_boy
I don't know if I should cry or laugh! Man, where is evolutionary theory when you NEED it?
Maybe he'll drown if he uses more than 3 oz of shampoo. Darwin at work. We can only hope.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by VideoPaul
Well it also removes plausible deniability. While not screening all cargo, WHEN a terrorist blows up a plane, the TSA can claim that they weren't screening ALL cargo so it's not their fault. If suddenly they have to screen all cargo, they then will be held accountable for being only a $5 billion an year jobs program instead of a security agency WHEN a terrorist blows up a plane.
Absolutely.

Of course the Kettles have no idea how much freight they are sitting on. Or the combis where freight sits first class.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:44 pm

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Wow, from the same person, "a very small, incremental benefit for security" followed by justifying "inspecting passenger travel documents"
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fools!

You guys just don't get it. His position makes a lot of sense. The problem is that you are mistaken about what's being accomplished.

The real objective is to give an *APPEARANCE* of security. That's accomplished by inconveniencing passengers, not by inspecting cargo that few people see.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
Outrageous! How can he say such a thing? It's obvious that the biggest hole in aviation security is cargo.
With respect, no. The biggest hole in aviation security is Kip Hawley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.