FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Please put your bra in the bin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/633519-please-put-your-bra-bin.html)

doober Dec 9, 2006 6:14 am

Originally Posted by oldpenny16 (Post 6817912)
I just got tired of all the bother. Packed my bras and other underwear in my checked bags.....they disappeared before I got my bag back.

Twice!

Airport underwear thieves!

Back in the olden days, they would have been the local "preverts" stealing underwear off the clothesline. Now they don't have to skulk around backyards - the underwear is handed to them in the form of checked luggage.

Spiff Dec 9, 2006 9:38 am

Originally Posted by doober (Post 6819182)
Back in the olden days, they would have been the local "preverts" stealing underwear off the clothesline. Now they don't have to skulk around backyards - the underwear is handed to them in the form of checked luggage.

And Comrade Hawley no longer has to go to the peep shows. All he has to do now is watch video of the checkpoints to get his foot/shoe perversion jollies. I guess the downside is that he has to clean up after himself afterwards.

Telfes Dec 9, 2006 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by GeoGirl (Post 6817876)
That is amazing. Shocking, actually, to actually consider humiliating a cancer survivor by making her REMOVE HER PROSTHETIC BREAST?! Geoboy's grandmother has one- would they seriously expect an 80 year old woman to reach in and pull out her prosthesis? It's unfathomable and I honestly can't understand why NOW isn't protesting this. Has the world gone mad?!

Oh get real. What kindly grandmother would not gladly accept a little inconvenience and humiliation if it might save her grandchildren and millions of other children like them from dying in a terrorist attack? Puh-leeze.

Superguy Dec 9, 2006 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Telfes (Post 6820284)
Oh get real. What kindly grandmother would not gladly accept a little inconvenience and humiliation if it might save her grandchildren and millions of other children like them from dying in a terrorist attack? Puh-leeze.

My grandmother would have much higher odds of winning the lottery than experiencing a terrorist attack on a plane. Yet she's smart enough to know that her resources are better spent elsewhere than on things that have a miniscule chance of happening. I wish TSA were that smart.

GeoGirl Dec 9, 2006 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Telfes (Post 6820284)

Oh. I forgot. It's the old, "think of the children" ploy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GG

Telfes Dec 9, 2006 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 6820705)
My grandmother would have much higher odds of winning the lottery than experiencing a terrorist attack on a plane. ...

I believe that is true of all of us, not just your grandmother. But don't tell the TSA -- they might start strip-searching people who buy lottery tickets. I can see the restrictions now: "You can only buy a lottery ticket if you are purchasing less than 3oz of liquids at the same time." Helpful.

Telfes Dec 9, 2006 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by GeoGirl (Post 6820801)
Oh. I forgot. It's the old, "think of the children" ploy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GG

Exactly! ^ ^ ^

[I trust you do recognize sarcasm when you see it...]

GeoGirl Dec 9, 2006 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Telfes (Post 6820833)
Exactly! ^ ^ ^

[I trust you do recognize sarcasm when you see it...]

Indeed, I do. And you as well? :)

GG

mikey1003 Dec 9, 2006 3:30 pm

Travel Naked, Carry Nothing!!!!!!

Superguy Dec 9, 2006 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Telfes (Post 6820821)
I believe that is true of all of us, not just your grandmother. But don't tell the TSA -- they might start strip-searching people who buy lottery tickets. I can see the restrictions now: "You can only buy a lottery ticket if you are purchasing less than 3oz of liquids at the same time." Helpful.

Nah. They'd just mandate people to buy lottery tickets ONLY in the sterile area. States will begin to implement an airport tax on lottery tickets for increased revnue thanks to this restriction. :D

Telfes Dec 9, 2006 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by mikey1003 (Post 6820980)
Travel Naked, Carry Nothing!!!!!!

Careful -- think of the fuel cost savings. Someone high up might like the idea. But I don't. The seats are nasty enough now. :(

GeoGirl Dec 9, 2006 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 6820994)
Nah. They'd just mandate people to buy lottery tickets ONLY in the sterile area. States will begin to implement an airport tax on lottery tickets for increased revnue thanks to this restriction. :D

People! Think of what sort of hazardous materials might be in the scratch-off goo. Surely that could be dangerous. It's for your own safety.

:D
GG

Superguy Dec 9, 2006 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by GeoGirl (Post 6821503)
People! Think of what sort of hazardous materials might be in the scratch-off goo. Surely that could be dangerous. It's for your own safety.

GG

But like the water from Hudson News, scratchers should already be screened! So they HAVE to be safe. :D

gj83 Dec 9, 2006 6:42 pm

I think the TSA would have to "rescreen" said tickets and if it is determined to be a winner, then the ticket must be confiscated.

PatrickHenry1775 Dec 9, 2006 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by GeoGirl (Post 6821503)

GG

Indeed. Think of the children exposed to these hazardous materials! :D