Wiki Posts
Search

BWI this morning

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BWI this morning

Two terminal evacuations because the TSA did its job and found a gun at the security checkpoint?

Story.

Talk about posturing.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
So they find a gun at the checkpoint, before it made it to the sterile area. Well done.

Now, let's evacuate the terminals. Whaa ? You found the gun, you morons.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by LessO2
Two terminal evacuations because the TSA did its job and found a gun at the security checkpoint?

Story.

Talk about posturing.

Ridiculous. If you look at the map it's pretty clear that A and B are separated.

A gun does not necessitate a terminal dump.

I saw some black smoke over by BWI on my way home last night. At first I thought it was a plane crash but couldn't find anything on it. I figure a plane crash would have been national news, so it's apparent that didn't happen.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
So they find a gun at the checkpoint, before it made it to the sterile area. Well done.

Don't evacuate from the terminals!!!! Let it stay there in the concourse while they are busy morning rush hour in BWI. If TSA will force a security breach and then they will fired them immediately.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:15 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
What next? The TSA find a bottle of drinking water in hand baggage while screening it at a check point and then "Help, help, evacuate the Terminal"!

A ridiculous response to finding anything at screening check point.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
I say we should bring back public floggings and beheadings. Any MORON that packs a gun in their luggage should be taken out and beat. How fricking stupid can that person(s) be?

YEAH ^ the TSA did their job and found a gun before it went to the sterile area. BOO that these same fools also felt it necessary to evacuate 2 terminals.

Is the level of stupidity in this country beyond belief anymore?
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: AF-PC; UA Plat ; QA Gold; Etihad Gold ; EK Silver; HH Diamond; Accor Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat; Mov G
TSA ego at work. Give a man a uniform...
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
deleted
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:46 pm

According to the TSA press release , they evacuated the airport -- you guessed it -- "out of an abundance of caution."

At least Kip Hawley didn't drool all over the TSA Officers themselves like he did in the press release about the Huntington non-event.

Can we please fire Chertoff and Hawley "out of an abundance of caution"?!?!
Old Sep 22, 2006, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by justageek
According to the TSA press release , they evacuated the airport -- you guessed it -- "out of an abundance of caution."

Can we please fire Chertoff and Hawley "out of an abundance of caution"?!?!
Damn, you just made me chug-a-lug twice
Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:25 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by justageek
More like they evacuated the airport out of an avalanche of nonsense.

So, did they find the pax?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Wally Bird

So they evacuated the terminals and rescreened everyone. Good Job! Did they search the terminal? Did they dump ever trash basket, look under every bench? If I'm a bad guy and somehow make it through security with a gun, would I be stupid enough to take the gun back out with me and the try to get it back in? No, I'd either hide it in the sterile area or I would exit and not come back. Either way, rescreening does no one any good.

On the other hand, I witnessed a chatty TSA agent at LGA let several bags through the xray while she was busy talking with her fellow TSA "officers". She wasn't even looking at the monitor as I witnessed bag after bag go through. I reported it to a supervisor (despite my fear that the termianl would be evacuated and I'd have to be rescreened). Absolutely nothing happened.

Yeah, I feel safer.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by tiger1tony
So they evacuated the terminals and rescreened everyone. Good Job! Did they search the terminal? Did they dump ever trash basket, look under every bench? If I'm a bad guy and somehow make it through security with a gun, would I be stupid enough to take the gun back out with me and the try to get it back in? No, I'd either hide it in the sterile area or I would exit and not come back. Either way, rescreening does no one any good.

On the other hand, I witnessed a chatty TSA agent at LGA let several bags through the xray while she was busy talking with her fellow TSA "officers". She wasn't even looking at the monitor as I witnessed bag after bag go through. I reported it to a supervisor (despite my fear that the termianl would be evacuated and I'd have to be rescreened). Absolutely nothing happened.

Yeah, I feel safer.
The guy/gal never made it through security with the gun. That's why this whole incident is absurd. He cleared security and left his carry-on (which contained the gun) at the checkpoint. So there's no conceivable way he was a threat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.