Carbon Monoxide Leak at Hotel

Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Carbon Monoxide Leak at Hotel

Considering the important security issues over the last couple of weeks, I really haven't wanted to change the topic. However, I was staying at this particular hotel when the incident happened and I think it is important for everyone to realize that it could happen anywhere. Very frightening.

Interesting to note that, at least here in Alberta, Canada, CO detectors are not mandatory for hotels. Frankly, I think it is something that needs to be looked at very carefully. Had this incident occurred at 3:00 AM instead of 10:00 AM, the outcome might have been quite different...

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...8-14f2bea18587
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:05 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I recall staying at a hotel in the big chemical industry area of WV several years ago, just outside of Charleston. One of the nearby chemical plants had an alert during the night, with air raid sirens blaring for a couple of hours.

AFAIK, though these are known terrorism targets, we're more worried about shoes and water bottles than we are large chemical plants near population centers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.