Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Dear TSA...Why we want to keep our shoes on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear TSA...Why we want to keep our shoes on

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
How about bringing a roll of butcher paper and running it out like a Red Carpet in front of you before you walk through? You could leave it there for other guests, as well.

Seriously, the same thing could be accomplished by setting down a couple sheets of paper and moving each sheet with every step to ensure you don't step on the floor. Might send the message...
Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by secretbunnyboy
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/artic/...prosy_dbmd.htm A bacillus, Mycobacterium leprae, that multiplies very slowly and mainly affects the skin, nerves, and mucous membranes. The organism has never been grown in bacteriologic media or cell culture, but has been grown in mouse foot pads.
Incidence
In 1999, the world incidence of (Leprosy)Hansen’s disease was estimated to be 640,000; and in 2000, 738,284 cases were identified. In 2000, 91 cases occurred in the United States. In 2000, WHO listed 91 countries as endemic for leprosy, with India, Myanmar, and Nepal having 70% of cases.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001347.htm The emergence of drug-resistant (Leprosy)Mycobacterium leprae, as well as increased numbers of cases worldwide, have led to global concern about this disease.
Prevention Return to top

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001347.htm

Prevention consists of avoiding close physical contact with untreated people.
People on long-term medication become noninfectious (they do not transmit the organism that causes the disease).
GOD was NOT being mean and cruel when he told the people who had no treatment then for leprosy to DO NOT TOUCH. It was out of love.

By the way, do you notice that the nations in which the disease is ENDEMIC are nations that the people tend to go around BAREFOOT or in SANDALS??
http://www.ifrc.org/WHAT/health/archi/fact/Fleprsy.htm

Last edited by AINITFUNNY; Aug 24, 2006 at 3:46 pm
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:38 pm

Programs: just above cargo
Originally Posted by AINITFUNNY
GOD was NOT being mean and cruel when he told the people who had no treatment then for leprosy to DO NOT TOUCH. It was out of love.

By the way, do you notice that the nations in which the disease is ENDEMIC are nations that the people tend to go around BAREFOOT or in SANDALS??
http://www.ifrc.org/WHAT/health/archi/fact/Fleprsy.htm
You're barking up the wrong tree.

1) "most investigators think that M. leprae is usually spread from person to person in respiratory droplets" i.e. "coughs and sneezes spread diseases".

2) People also tend to walk around barefoot or in sandals in Florida. There is no leprosy there. I suggest that poverty and (more accruately) poor state healthcare systems are more important factors.

3) "Leprosy" in the Bible is used to refer to a whole bunch of skin diseases which were poorly understood by the (illiterate, pre-scientific) Middle Easterners of the time, and their subsequent medieval followers.

4) just because the symptoms show up on mice's feet, it doesn't mean leprosy is spread by human foot to foot contact. "close physical contact" means substantial touching, kissing, sex, etc. it doesn't mean "walking across a floor after an infected person".

If you're genuinely worried about catching leprosy while walking across an airport floor, then either your risk perceptions are out of whack, or you have an extremely safe and comfortable life otherwise!
Old Aug 24, 2006, 5:35 pm

Boy you are hardheaded. Leprosy distribution in the USA WAS in warmer regions!
http://www.neuro.wustl.edu/neuromusc...ct.htm#leprosy

Geography

* 70% of cases in world: India, Indonesia and Myanmar
* Africa
* South America: Brazil & Columbia
* US
o Endemic foci: Hawaii; Florida; Louisiana & Texas (Near Mexico)
o Most cases are immigrants (85%)
YOU are most welcome to walk barefooted over Pus encrusted carpets. I and most other people find it disgusting, unsanitary and a violation of our right not to be forced to endanger our health.

Last edited by AINITFUNNY; Aug 24, 2006 at 5:49 pm
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:36 pm

Programs: TSA Platinum
There are foot fetish people at the TSA. This is why your shoes must come off.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by fly no more
There are foot fetish people at the TSA. This is why your shoes must come off.
Correct.

Comrades Hawley and Chertoff are filthy little shoe perverts.

They probably play Cherkoff games with each other while they watch passenger screening videos. They're two really sick individuals.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:11 pm

I was running late for a JetBlue last year flight (not my fault....another story) and i had to take off my shoes and I had to run wiht my shoe in my hand to my gate, run on the plane and then they backed out the plane.

Mark
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: just above cargo
Originally Posted by AINITFUNNY
Boy you are hardheaded. Leprosy distribution in the USA WAS in warmer regions!
Fair enough. How many cases were there?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:42 pm

deleted

Last edited by mikeon; Feb 4, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
So I wear booties through the checkpoint and guess what 15 foot of walking and they were filthy.
Buy another pair in SEA and repeat process. Screener says "what are those?" (let's hire people with the sense to poor something out of a boot people). His supervisor says there fine. Walk through and guess what? OH SOOO BLACK.

Yes the floors in the airport are worse than a hotel or home. At least mine anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.