FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Shoe Removal Now Mandatory at US Airports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/588776-shoe-removal-now-mandatory-us-airports.html)

Spiff Aug 10, 2006 1:21 pm

Shoe Removal Now Mandatory at US Airports

Haven't seen it on tsa.gov yet, but CNN just reported that LAX is in Mandatory Shoe Carnival Mode.

Comrades Chertoff and Hawley: go pound sand. :td:

I will happily deprive airlines of my revenue while this nonsense is in effect.

JakiChan Aug 10, 2006 1:22 pm

DO what I do...make the TSA help you put your shoes back on. The one time they wouldn't I asked how familiar they were with the ADA. They got down and touched my smelly feet. :D

Spiff Aug 10, 2006 1:23 pm

Nice, but I don't want them touching me at all. :(

rar indeed Aug 10, 2006 1:33 pm

Sigh... :mad: The train to the bay area looks very attractive right now...

UScolorado1k Aug 10, 2006 1:45 pm

Shoe removal was already required

They said it was "suggested", however my observations are that 100% of the time I, or someone else didn't (even flip flops), it led to secondary screening.

To me, this means it's required.

uncertaintraveler Aug 10, 2006 2:02 pm

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space have been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

FWAAA Aug 10, 2006 2:03 pm

The LAX FSD was on the noon news a little bit ago and he said that ALL SHOES had to be x-rayed.

Superguy Aug 10, 2006 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
The LAX FSD was on the noon news a little bit ago and he said that ALL SHOES had to be x-rayed.

What if you refuse? Do you get the "do you want to fly" attitude?

Mikey likes it Aug 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Shoe thing aside, I'm nearly to the point where I'm going to start looking for another job that doesn't require weekly travel.

Travel is just an enormous pain in the arse, and "security" is a big part of that.

Spiff Aug 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy

Yup. :td:

rar indeed Aug 10, 2006 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy

I wonder what they would say if you climbed on the conveyor and told them to x-ray your shoes... :)

makfan Aug 10, 2006 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by rar indeed
I wonder what they would say if you climbed on the conveyor and told them to x-ray your shoes... :)

I suspect you would be hauled off to jail today.

SAT Lawyer Aug 10, 2006 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by UScolorado1k
They said it was "suggested", however my observations are that 100% of the time I, or someone else didn't (even flip flops), it led to secondary screening.

To me, this means it's required.

Nothing new here, really.

The TSA is just officially fessing up to the status quo: remove your shoes "voluntarily" or be ready for some "fun and games."

IceTrojan Aug 10, 2006 2:13 pm

Outrageous.

Flaflyer Aug 10, 2006 2:14 pm

Ff

Originally Posted by Mikey likes it
Shoe thing aside, I'm nearly to the point where I'm going to start looking for another job that doesn't require weekly travel.

This should make award tics easier to get. Anyone who flys enough to get a free tic, well the last thing they are going to want to do on vacation now is take a plane ride.