Someone who's HAPPY to get a hand wanding

Old Dec 23, 2005, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Someone who's HAPPY to get a hand wanding

I laughed hard when I saw this:

http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlib...d_Brochure.pdf

Look at how happy the woman getting the wand on page 2 is.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Superguy
Look at how happy the woman getting the wand on page 2 is.
She's just expressing what we all feel. It's such a thrilling patriotic experience.

Old Dec 23, 2005, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
We know that isn't a picture of Lumpy.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 9:02 pm

Glad to be 'notorius', Superguy. I also bet that was her response to the announcement of her mother having really had children who lived...
Old Dec 24, 2005, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was either...

A) A TSAer dressed in civvies.
B) A compensated stand-in.
C) Noticing her palms up, she's essentially saying "I don't get this."
Old Dec 25, 2005, 1:34 am

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
they're probably using the special vibrating wand...
Old Dec 25, 2005, 12:52 pm

Lol, eastwest! A rarity for me on these boards, except when reading those Sacrosanct Sufferin' Screener Scribbles!
Old Dec 26, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by LessO2
That was either...

A) A TSAer dressed in civvies.
B) A compensated stand-in.
C) Noticing her palms up, she's essentially saying "I don't get this."
The palms up position is the proper position to have the pax stand in. We once had a pax stand in that position flipping off the whole world with both hands. She was subject to an interview by the LEO for her action! What I don't know about is why the screener is leaning her arm on a counter.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by eyecue
The palms up position is the proper position to have the pax stand in. We once had a pax stand in that position flipping off the whole world with both hands. She was subject to an interview by the LEO for her action!
You can burn an American flag as free expression but you are subjected to additional legal processing for disrespecting the TSA screening process? Give me a break comrade.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:36 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Maybe she was well I won't say here!
Old Dec 26, 2005, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA, WN RR
Originally Posted by John C
You can burn an American flag as free expression but you are subjected to additional legal processing for disrespecting the TSA screening process? Give me a break comrade.
Once when a TSA screener threatened to summon an LEO when I voiced dissent about procedure, I mentioned the First Amendment. The screener earnestly informed me that passengers do not have rights at a checkpoint. If passengers accept this mindset, we as a free country are lost. Reminds me of the apocryphal saying about the village in Viet Nam: "We had to destroy it to save it."
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:41 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by John C
Nice try but, there are little kids on the checkpoint. It had nothing to do with TSA.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
Nice try but, there are little kids on the checkpoint. It had nothing to do with TSA.
1. Where in the string was it said about kids standing around? Or is this something you just made up?

2. So, The First Amendment is omitted when kids are around? Flipping the bird is a threat to a TSAers ego, not to airline security.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:51 am
par

Programs: UA 2K GS, SQ PPS, AA Ruby, NW Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
I find the suggestion that the TSA regulations somehow superceding the constitution to be mildly amusing.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
When exactly did the extension of the middle finger become illegal? Too bad it isn't--the traffic problems in Boston would be gone within days, while the city's coffers would be filling from the cash coming in to pay off the fines.

These threads are getting increasingly depressing each day. I'm not sure when "retaliatory" screenings, interviews, etc. became the norm.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.