Search

TSA: two out of three ain't bad

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
TSA: two out of three ain't bad

I recently flew BOS-LGA on the US Shuttle, and the TSA pulled a small cuticle scissors out of my bag and told me that I would need to either chuck it or check it (I checked it). Earlier this week, I flew BOS-TPA on B6, not realizing that I still had the scissors in my bag, and cleared security without any problem. Then returning TPA-LGA on AA, the TSA pulled it out of my bag again (I ended up mailing it home to myself). So while I'm not sure that I'm all that concerned that I and others might be able to get a 4" (albeit sharp) cuticle scissors onboard an aircraft, I found it interesting that the TSA caught it only two of three times (although, given the small size, maybe two out of three ain't bad!). Of particular interest is that the time they didn't catch it, I had been selected for a secondary screen (having purchased a last minute, one way ticket).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.