TSA Audit

Old Dec 28, 04, 7:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

TSA Audit

I'm rather new to this forum so I don't know if this subject has been addressed before (I couldn't find it in a search):

http://www.exectravel.com/showdetail.asp?id=3784

This article addresses overpayment to Boeing for installation of explosive detection devices.

The article also includes this paragraph:

"Last week Ervin's office issued a report criticizing the TSA for an "unnecessarily expensive" banquet marking its two-year anniversary. The November 2003 celebration, held at a lavish Washington hotel, cost $461,745, including nearly $200,000 for travel and lodging and $85,000 for a party planner."

My comment: And in spite of this, Ridge and his buddies still went to Hawaii.

It is also interesting to note that Mr. Ervin has been replaced as DHS Inspector General. I wonder why?
Old Dec 28, 04, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by red456
It is also interesting to note that Mr. Ervin has been replaced as DHS Inspector General. I wonder why?
Obviously he wasn't a team player.
Old Dec 28, 04, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by AArlington
Obviously he wasn't a team player.
There's an article about Ervin's departure in today's (Dec. 28th) USA TODAY.

It's at: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...and-usat_x.htm

The article was described this way in the "Today's Papers" roundup on Slate.com:

USAT stuffs an interview with the recently retired inspector general for the Department of Homeland Security. Clark Kent Ervin (his parents dug Superman) had written report after report detailing DHS shortcomings. And he continues that tradition, telling USAT that the department wastes millions through an accounting division that is “chaotic and disorganized.” Asked what else is wrong with the agency he said, “It’s difficult to figure out where to start.” Ervin's reports were widely praised by outsiders and he could have been reappointed. One named Republican Senate staffer called the move not to do so “purely a White House decision.”

Search this Thread