FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   Great Anti-TSA cartoon in today's amNY (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/376699-great-anti-tsa-cartoon-todays-amny.html)

Psychocadet Dec 2, 2004 11:59 am

Great Anti-TSA cartoon in today's amNY

Its on page 13 and it shows a woman about to go through a maagnetometer. There are 6 TSA mal agents who look eager to grope her. There is a sign above with 3 arrows; ARRIVALS (points left), DEPARTURES (points up), GROPINGS (points at screeners).

Another sign reads "Please remove shoes, belts, privacy, modesty, dignity.

Doppy Dec 2, 2004 12:18 pm

The whole paper is available here:

http://www.nynewsday.com/media/acrob...2/11104636.pdf (6.8MB PDF file)

(edited to add: ) Guess they don't archive; that link doesn't bring you to the right day's newspaper anymore.

TSAJohn Dec 5, 2004 6:56 am

A cartoon that would be really funny would have several Frequent Flyers approaching the FF line looking at a sign that reads: "All self serving *****ers, whiners and moaners who think they are above security simply because they fly all the time, please line up here."

TSAJohn Dec 5, 2004 6:58 am

Wow, I can't ay bitc*ers. Funny...

whirledtraveler Dec 5, 2004 7:22 am

Originally Posted by TSAJohn
A cartoon that would be really funny would have several Frequent Flyers approaching the FF line looking at a sign that reads: "All self serving *****ers, whiners and moaners who think they are above security simply because they fly all the time, please line up here."

:rolleyes:

USA_flyer Dec 5, 2004 8:36 am

Where's the satirical comedy value in that? Perhaps it could be an 'in' joke for TSAers ;)

LessO2 Dec 5, 2004 9:59 am

Or, better yet...how about some TSAers being led away in handcuffs after being caught stealing items from passengers' bags.

If you don't like what we have to say in here, there IS a little X in the upper right corner you can always click on, y'know.

Cholula Dec 5, 2004 10:27 am

Folks, let's keep the comments to the subject at hand and not direct them to your fellow posters.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Cholula

Travel Safety/Security Forum Moderator

AArlington Dec 5, 2004 11:15 am

This country (USA) was founded by folks who under today's standard applied back then would be characterized as "self serving. whinders and moaners." People that resent having their dignity and rights trampled by government policy makers' repressive policies and whimsical "administratve" fines were the people that revolted against England, and crafted a society of limited government.

News flash: the US Constitution is a document that limits the rights the people grant government. Too bad it no longer applies.

GradGirl Dec 5, 2004 12:09 pm

TSAJohn, I am not above security because I fly all the time. We are all above the unwelcome sexual touching that's going on at checkpoints because we are human beings with moral values. My family traditions did not include getting felt up in public. This is not how decent and honorable people act toward strangers.

lpeterman Dec 6, 2004 6:48 am

This statement says a bunch about the mentality and thoughts of a large percentage of the TSA!

Let's "punish" the frequent flyer!!!

What is the security risk of a person who has been flying for 20-40 years, with millions of miles, and elite with several airlines?

The TSA continues to find ways to increase their ranks.

taucher Dec 6, 2004 9:56 am

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Where's the satirical comedy value in that?

First try picturing Don Knotts as the cartoonist.

TSASuper Dec 7, 2004 5:05 am

TSAJOHN, I think you struck a nerve here... :eek:

L-1011 Dec 7, 2004 8:03 am

Originally Posted by TSASuper

He sure did: The yawn nerve :D

Wally Bird Dec 7, 2004 10:40 am

Originally Posted by TSASuper

I rather think he exposed a nerve. The apparent inability to grasp a very basic premise, namely that it is not necessary to screen the overwhelming majority of passengers. Of course the problem lies in determining which passengers do need to be screened, and it's not something that can be left to a screener's (ahem) judgment. In fact there is no foolproof way of determining this without resorting to profiling and/or discrimination.

That does not alter the fact that most passengers are not a threat and subjecting them to security screening is, in the final analysis, a waste of everyone's time. OK TSAers, count to ten... I'm not advocating free passage for anyone, just a recognition that what you do is an unavoidable imposition, and you should act towards your clients accordingly. But if all you're doing is looking for the Big Catch™, this doubtless will go right over your heads.