Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

CNN, ABC others have stories about intrusive pat-downs...

Old Nov 24, 04, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FC, NW

ABC story showed a TSA agent feeling down a female's breast when it was obvious to everyone that there could not have been anything else in there. I wonder what is going to happen when some poor lady, with artificial breasts from a masectemy, is going to be subjected to when the TSA agent feels a hardened object and wants her to "expose" the threat. Folks, it is time to get rid of these ridiculous idiots and take back our country. They are trying to scare everyone and the stress is getting maxed out. We are tired of it, there is a better way to do it and the citizens of this country should not be exposed to actions because we are all considered threats.

Last edited by Cholula; Nov 24, 04 at 10:18 pm Reason: Removed Inflammatory Language
Old Nov 24, 04, 10:43 am

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
CNN just did a piece about how a lawyer in NYC got patted down in Tampa, and is now planning a class-action lawsuit.

Originally Posted by USCGamecock
ABC story showed a TSA agent feeling down a female's breast when it was obvious to everyone that there could not have been anything else in there. I wonder what is going to happen when some poor lady, with artificial breasts from a masectemy, is going to be subjected to when the TSA agent feels a hardened object and wants her to "expose" the threat. Folks, it is time to get rid of these ridiculous idiots and take back our country. They are trying to scare everyone and the stress is getting maxed out. We are tired of it, there is a better way to do it and the citizens of this country should not be exposed to actions because we are all considered threats.

Last edited by Cholula; Nov 24, 04 at 10:20 pm Reason: Edited Quoted Post
Old Nov 24, 04, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A thousand thank-you's to many selfless women in America for taking on this fight. Don't let this issue die -- keep it in the TSA's face as much as you can for as long as it takes. A lot of us guys admire you and are figuratively standing right beside you.
Old Nov 24, 04, 11:14 am

Programs: TSA
ummm

Originally Posted by USCGamecock
I wonder what is going to happen when some poor lady, with artificial breasts from a masectemy, is going to be subjected to when the TSA agent feels a hardened object and wants her to "expose" the threat.
Not likely, I can tell that you have no knowledge of the aforementioned prosthetic.
Folks, it is time to get rid of these ridiculous idiots and take back our country. They are trying to scare everyone and the stress is getting maxed out. We are tired of it, there is a better way to do it and the citizens of this country should not be exposed to actions because we are all considered threats.
Opinion. Avery harsh and poor one I might add.

Last edited by Cholula; Nov 24, 04 at 10:20 pm Reason: Edited Quoted Post
Old Nov 24, 04, 11:17 am

Programs: TSA
Fox

Fox newes interviewed a spokeman for TSA and he said " We have every reason to pat people down."
Old Nov 24, 04, 11:23 am

The federal government put an EXTRA tax on arline tickets for security equipment(there was one already that was being used for everything else)
This "high tech" equipment seems to be one more piece of "eyewash" that doesn't work.
This expensive machinery and wands cannot detect the weapons we were told it was purchased for ???? First it didn't work on shoes with metal shanks, then jackets were taken off, allegedly because people left items in the pockets, now even bulky sweaters are to be taken off and since THE WANDS
EVIDENTLY DO NOT WORK, we must be "hand searched" better known as gropped....We are finger printing European tourists that are coming hear to spend their euros, since the dollar is down 52% in 3 years..Lets harrase them
to show we are doing something ...BUT THE MEXICAN BORDER HAS MORE HOLES THAN SWISS CHEESE AND NOTHING IS DONE TO STOP PEOPLE FROM WALKING INTO THE COUNTRY. BUT THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM ?????

The feds need to stop the eyewash and actually protect the US borders. The media seems to ignore this and not ask why.
Old Nov 24, 04, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by eyecue
Fox newes interviewed a spokeman for TSA and he said " We have every reason to pat people down."
My fear is that some screeners have more reasons than others:

sexual domination turns them on
power over someone's body gives them a thrill
young girls with big breasts have "suspicious" curves

need I go on? Allowing thousands of strangers to put their hands anywhere they please on my body puts me at unacceptable risk. I know that none of the screeners on FT are this type of bad apple, but if baggage screeners have been caught stealing our belongings, how awful will it be when a patdown screener steals your daughter's innocence?
Old Nov 24, 04, 12:35 pm

Programs: Vanishing
Opinion. Avery harsh and poor one I might add.
Opinion. And an extremely poor one, I might add.

As another poster pointed out, these are the travellers' opinions on the opposite side of TSA's opinions. If we are going to grade the quality of TSA's opinions, I think they will come out far below many of the travellers' opinions that have been posted here.

And I will save you a posting: Opinion.
Old Nov 24, 04, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by GradGirl
My fear is that some screeners have more reasons than others:

sexual domination turns them on
power over someone's body gives them a thrill
young girls with big breasts have "suspicious" curves

need I go on? Allowing thousands of strangers to put their hands anywhere they please on my body puts me at unacceptable risk. I know that none of the screeners on FT are this type of bad apple, but if baggage screeners have been caught stealing our belongings, how awful will it be when a patdown screener steals your daughter's innocence?
Oh good Lord, could this possibly be taken any more over the top....
Old Nov 24, 04, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myrgirl
The rhetoric may be harsh, but it tends to get that way when people continue to defend the indefensible.
Old Nov 24, 04, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FC, NW

And we all trust the TSA don't we.
Old Nov 24, 04, 1:10 pm

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
Oh, yes. Just give it time.
Old Nov 24, 04, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Japhydog
The rhetoric may be harsh, but it tends to get that way when people continue to defend the indefensible.
You all know I don't necessarily defend it, in fact I've gone out of my way to show you that I'm as respectful to passengers as possible in light of this, but this overexaggeration is just ridiculous. Sexual domination? Power over someone's body? Stealing your daughter's innocence? Come on and get real here. We just want to get people screened and on their way. Anyone who thinks screeners have time in a busy checkpoint for childish games like this needs a reality check. I'm not saying a lady won't get accidentally touched now and again but to think that screeners get their jollies out of this offends me.
Old Nov 24, 04, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
...We just want to get people screened and on their way. Anyone who thinks screeners have time in a busy checkpoint for childish games like this needs a reality check. I'm not saying a lady won't get accidentally touched now and again but to think that screeners get their jollies out of this offends me.
You can speak only for yourself, not for your 45,000 fellow screeners. In a barrel that large, you can be sure to find some bad apples. You know that as well as I do. Maybe they'll be weeded out eventually, but in the meantime, our own government ("...of the people, by the people, for the people") is forcing us -- women, especially -- to endure potential abuse and, even under the best of circumstances, humiliation. A government that is responsive to its citizens will put an end to this sort of thing. Then we'll both be happy.

Bruce
Old Nov 24, 04, 3:22 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by bdschobel
A government that is responsive to its citizens will put an end to this sort of thing. Then we'll both be happy.

Bruce
Unfortunately, that is exactly what we don't have. Any government whose whole attitude is "you are either for us or a terrorist" doesn't show much room for thoughtful dissent.

When ever I am told that all of this is for my own safety, I just think to myself, "well, there are 2 of us here and I know for sure that only 1 of us thinks that."

And it ain't me !

Search this Thread