Search

Here's a juicy tidbit from tsaunion.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2003, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Here's a juicy tidbit from tsaunion.com

http://www.tsaunion.com/ViewBullet_M...52&Topic_Id=42
Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:03 pm

What a friendly place where everyone is so trusting.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 5:56 pm

all is lost

[This message has been edited by Fenito (edited Dec 21, 2003).]
Old Jul 22, 2003, 5:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
The ONLY reason the skies are safer is that Pax and Crew will no longer cooperate with hijackers.

The TSA has not done, nor will it do, anything to make flying safer.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 5:50 pm

all is lost

[This message has been edited by Fenito (edited Dec 21, 2003).]
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CameraGuy:
The ONLY reason the skies are safer is that Pax and Crew will no longer cooperate with hijackers.

The TSA has not done, nor will it do, anything to make flying safer.
</font>
Checked-baggage inspection has greatly increased flight-safety as has bomb-detection equipment. And pax and crew WILL cooperate with hijackers. All they need is several hijackers with a bunch of plastic replica grenades and replica guns and they'll have no problem convincing all the rambo-wannabees to keep their heads down. Then just pull out the C4 that was hidden in the shoe (after the shoe screening goes away of course) and a small detonator that is basically impossible to catch on the x-ray and you can blow the cockpit door. Thankfully there are also FAMs and some pilots with guns to prevent this eventuality.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Actually, the C4 could be currently hidden in the underwear or what the underwear covers, so why the idiotic focus on shoes?

And I don't think the pax are going to keep their heads down any more. Negotiating with terrorists just encourages these scumbags to take hostages. Ergo, the marshals can go too.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CATSA Screener:
Checked-baggage inspection has greatly increased flight-safety as has bomb-detection equipment. And pax and crew WILL cooperate with hijackers. All they need is several hijackers with a bunch of plastic replica grenades and replica guns and they'll have no problem convincing all the rambo-wannabees to keep their heads down. Then just pull out the C4 that was hidden in the shoe (after the shoe screening goes away of course) and a small detonator that is basically impossible to catch on the x-ray and you can blow the cockpit door. Thankfully there are also FAMs and some pilots with guns to prevent this eventuality.</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CATSA Screener:
Thankfully ... and some pilots with guns to prevent this eventuality.</font>
Gees. I'm sooooo reassured now...

Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iluv2fly:
Gees. I'm sooooo reassured now...
</font>
Are you 14? Can you reply intelligently without the juvenile dripping sarcasm? Grow up.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Actually, the C4 could be currently hidden in the underwear or what the underwear covers, so why the idiotic focus on shoes?</font>
You're right, it was a bad example. It could be hidden anywhere on the person. My real point was that reinforced doors don't cut it when it's still relatively easy to smuggle non-metallic stuff onto aircraft. I hope that we eventually install walk-through EDT machines (which are non-invasive and very quick).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">And I don't think the pax are going to keep their heads down any more. Negotiating with terrorists just encourages these scumbags to take hostages. Ergo, the marshals can go too.</font>
I just don't agree here. I think that when five or six guys jump up with what appear to be guns drawn and grenades with the pins pulled and thus set to detonate if you tackle one of them, that passengers and cabin crew will cower. I believe that is why we need Air Marshalls because they will go into action at this point.

Edit: for formatting and one extra idea.

[This message has been edited by CATSA Screener (edited 07-22-2003).]
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:38 pm

I just don't agree here. I think that when five or six guys jump up with what appear to be guns drawn and grenades with the pins pulled and thus set to detonate if you tackle one of them, that passengers and cabin crew will cower.</font>
Or scissors!

But seriously, if there are five or six grenades on a plane, isn't somebody not doing their job?

SGM
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarGoldmember:
Or scissors!

But seriously, if there are five or six grenades on a plane, isn't somebody not doing their job?

SGM
</font>
I stipulated plastic, replica grenades. Plastic things are very hard to see on the x-ray and thus easy to smuggle through in carry-on bags. This is another reason that random bag checks may be useful. I know that pisses a lot of you off (and I hate doing them) but it may obstruct or at least deter a coordinated hijacking attempt.

And yes, I'd end the pointy-object obsession for the most part if I were in charge.

[This message has been edited by CATSA Screener (edited 07-22-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.