New US regulation for email and phone number?

Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
New US regulation for email and phone number?

I checked in for a flight to the US with Air France, with my US passport, and they asked me for my US address, phone number and email. I am a very frequent flyer with Air France and they have never asked this before. I asked and they said it is a new regulation imposed on them by the US government. I haven't been to Africa since the pandemic so this isn't Ebola related.

I told the agent that AF has my email already as they emailed me the BP plus I have Lifetime Platinum status with AF. But she said she did not have the email on her screen. She had some difficulty entering my email address it seems and the result was the dreaded SSSS on my BP.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:05 am

CDC Requirement since October 2021: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/order...tact-info.html

The designated information consists of full name, address while in the United States, primary contact phone number, secondary or emergency contact phone number,
email address, date of birth, airline name, flight number, city of departure, departure date and time, city of arrival, arrival date and time, and seat number.
seawolf and HadesNL like this.

Last edited by iamflyer; Jan 7, 2023 at 9:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.