Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Religious headcovering in passport photo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Religious headcovering in passport photo

Ms. dblumenhoff ordered her new passport (her first since we got married) and they requested a new photo without a head covering. She wears a head covering whenever she is out in public, and she got a signed letter from the rabbi attesting to such and included it with the application, per the rules on the website. Now they said in the rejection letter that if she is going to wear a head covering, she needs a signed letter attesting that it's a religious headcovering that she always wears in public. How does she fix this? She included the letter in the original documentation but now they are requesting...the same letter.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Sounds like when I submitted documents to the IRS once. Took a year for them to read the documents, in the mean time I got several additional notices for the documentation.

I would send in the application again with a letter addressing the rejection notice and note that it is a religious head covering and the letter from your rabbi. The only other suggestion is make sure the letter from your rabbi specifically states that it is a religious head covering and perhaps have both letters notarized??

FWIW I found these templates/examples online (perhaps wording was not quite "right"?):

https://www.terrellcountycourthouse....adcovering.pdf

https://www.sikhcoalition.org/wp-con...g-Template.pdf

Good luck.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Aug 11, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.