Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Requirement to provide passport info 72 hours before flying to USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Is it a requirement for all airlines that you provide passport info 72 hours before your flight?

I am a US citizen on a Delta codeshare flight with Air France. The flight leaves in 60 hours (whoops) and I don't see an option to provide this info on Delta's website. I don't recall if there was ever an option to provide my passport info. It says "Your flight is less than 72 hours away.We cannot update Secure Flight Passenger Data within 72 hours of your flight. If you need to make any updates, please see an airport agent."

Do I need to call Air France or Delta to provide my passport info? Or will they just ask for it when I check in at the airport?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
If Air France's system is anything like American, United or JAL's, with whom I have experienced similar issues, you will be asked to provide your passport information when you check in for your flight.
julleflyer likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:49 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by travels007
Is it a requirement for all airlines that you provide passport info 72 hours before your flight?

I am a US citizen on a Delta codeshare flight with Air France. The flight leaves in 60 hours (whoops) and I don't see an option to provide this info on Delta's website. I don't recall if there was ever an option to provide my passport info. It says "Your flight is less than 72 hours away.We cannot update Secure Flight Passenger Data within 72 hours of your flight. If you need to make any updates, please see an airport agent."

Do I need to call Air France or Delta to provide my passport info? Or will they just ask for it when I check in at the airport?
The "secure passenger data" refers to changes of name or known traveler number, etc. Air France ticket agent will handle the passport information when you get to the airport.
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.