ATL Mobile Pass Change Makes it Useless

Old Sep 10, 19, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

ATL Mobile Pass Change Makes it Useless

Just arrived back from Barcelona and used Mobile Pass through customs as I have many times over the last couple years. There is no longer a Mobile Pass dedicated line. It is combined with crew and slew of international passengers who came in from the opposite side of those who meander their way form Concourse E. They direct Mobile Pass folks through as before but when you get to the big hall you're dumped in this line on the far side. The regular lines were very short (2 or 3 at each customs booth). To compound matters, a pack of folks in wheel chairs (probably 20 or more while we were in line) were being service by 2 of the windows while our line was serviced by 1. It took over 30 minutes while the other lines were buzzing through and they wouldn't let us go to a kiosk at that point to go to a shorter line.

I (very politely) asked a customs police officer if something had changed and he told me there is no longer a dedicated line. He then added, it is faster to not use Mobile Pass. I looked at the reviews for the app and it seems this has also happened at one of the cruise ports in Florida. Looks like the govt is pushing Global Entry and penalizing Mobile Pass users.

Coincidentally, Mobile Pass has degraded their service and if you want your personal info (passport etc) to be saved, you have to pay for a premium version of the app which didn't exist before.

Not sure if this really belongs in this board but since its Atlanta it would impact DL.
Old Sep 10, 19, 2:13 pm

I've noticed the last couple times into MIA and FLL that Mobile Passport was actually faster then Global Entry. Wouldn't surprise me they would screw with it to get people to pay for GE. I almost didn't renew as it didn't make much sense.
Old Sep 10, 19, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JTE458 View Post
I've noticed the last couple times into MIA and FLL that Mobile Passport was actually faster then Global Entry. Wouldn't surprise me they would screw with it to get people to pay for GE. I almost didn't renew as it didn't make much sense.
This is my thought as well. On a couple occasions I made it through faster than a Global Entry friend. I get that is an issue but to make it worse than the regular lines?
Old Sep 10, 19, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Same at ORD on my last trip. Quickly past the kiosks (that only had a 2-3 minute wait anyway) but then into a booth that merged with all sorts of random pax. Actually was slower.
Old Sep 10, 19, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Can’t speak to Mobile Passport but this past Saturday at ATL the GE line was fairly long for a kiosk (coming from SCL and arriving at the same time as the early bank from SA plus the Africa flights) and then there was only a single CBP person processing the GE line (and he was looking at every slip with some detail) so the line there was fairly long and took maybe 7-10 minutes (longer than normal)
Old Sep 10, 19, 9:02 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
As this is not a Delta specific issue - I am moving this thread to the appropriate forum.
Ryandc99, Moderator Delta Air Lines

Search this Thread