Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Leaving baggage at airport for someone else to pick up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:27 am
Original Poster

I am flying into Burlington, VT late, staying at a hotel, and then leaving south early in the morning.

My sister lives north of Burlington and I would like her to pick up my checked bag the next day. Do you know if this is possible? Should I make arrangements or call the airport first? Would it be better to arrange something at the hotel maybe?

I've just never heard of anyone doing this. I know when your bag is on the carousel and nobody picks it up, the airport stores it. But don't know if they'd allow someone else to pick up. There will be nothing of great value in the checked bag.

Thanks
Sam
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Send her a picture of your baggage claim tag.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't bother with the carrier or the airport. Just make arrangements with the hotel at checkout and provide her name and a mobile number. If they give you a claim check, snap a photo and text/email it to her.

Luggage left at an airport and not picked up may or may not be easily found and at smaller airports there may not be baggage services other than at flight times.
STBCypriot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.