Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Would a passenger on the US no fly list be allowed to board domestic Canadian flight?

Would a passenger on the US no fly list be allowed to board domestic Canadian flight?

Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

A lot of domestic Canadian flights pass through US territory. For example, flights between Toronto and Vancouver spend around half of the time in US airspace. I would therefore expect Canadian airlines to pass APIS data to the US for purely domestic flights as well.

Now let's say a passenger is on the US no-fly list, but is not on the Canadian no-fly list. Will they be allowed to fly on a flight from Toronto to Vancouver? If so, does this mean that in theory there are some Canadians who are forced to drive around the country because they're blocked from domestic flights?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:03 pm

Flights originating and ending in Canada are exempt from US secure flight requirements
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Here is a link to Air Canada info on the secure flight requirements. Point to point in Canada the answer is no even if the flight goes through U.S. airspace.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...t-program.html

However, this was not always the case however. Air Canada has previously used the U.S. no-fly list to prevent people on it from flying within Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/no-...nada-1.3500508

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.