Budapest airport body scanner

Old Mar 4, 19, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Budapest airport body scanner

Anyone knows what kind of body scanner the Budapest (BUD) airport uses?
Old Mar 4, 19, 9:09 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
In early October 2018, they were using only walk through metal detectors. I don't recall seeing any full body scanners.
Old Mar 5, 19, 1:16 am
Original Poster

On 1st of March i have been body scanned, after i passed through metal detector-physicaly searched. They asked me to stand with my hands open between two big metal plates for a few seconds. At that point i didn't knew what it was.I thought it was a bigger metal detector........... but its seems it was a body scanner that i wasn't aware of and they didn't inform me about it.
Old Apr 1, 19, 4:29 pm

There have been body scanners at BUD for some time now and generally, WTMD is the default but the body scanner is for those randomly selected.. I have seen signs mentioning that one is able to opt out and I have opted out before without any issues.

I have also been curious about what type of scanner is present, as it reminds me more of the old backscatter ones than the MMW scanners that I am used to seeing. The scanners at EDI looked similar to these scanners, but I am not sure about the type of either.
Kosxal likes this.

Search this Thread