Video conferencing device in check-in

Old Feb 22, 19, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Video conferencing device in check-in

guys - do you folks see any issues flying out of the usa to south korea with this device? It's typically used by companies but i won it at a contest so installing it at my relative's house in south korea.
Amazon Amazon

It's about 5lb and fits easily into the check-in luggage. Does TSA or CPB really care about this or my only concern should be potential custom duties when entering south korea even though I got it for free

Thx
Old Feb 22, 19, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No, unless the device is or contains specifically prohibited materials, which is highly unlikely, there is nothing about telecom devices themselves which is prohibited for US security purposes.

In addition, unless there are export control restrictions, there are not CBP issues.

Finally, double check that there are no import or duty restrictions for South Korea (although that is beyond the scope of what OP asked).
Old Feb 22, 19, 9:36 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Finally, double check that there are no import or duty restrictions for South Korea (although that is beyond the scope of what OP asked).
That is a topic for the Korea forum.
Old Feb 28, 19, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
My concern was it getting stolen.

Most airlines would (I think) exclude this item, if not limit the $$ to a fraction.

Might want to carry it on.

Search this Thread