Can I fly to England with a previous criminal record

Old Dec 12, 18, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Can I fly to England with a previous criminal record

My Father passed away in March 2018 it was his wish that my sibling and Mother take his ashes and bury him back in his country of birth we are planning to do it in the spring 2019 but I have a criminal record for possession for the purpose from 10 years ago will I be able to enter the country?
Old Dec 12, 18, 3:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Martysimms View Post
My Father passed away in March 2018 it was his wish that my sibling and Mother take his ashes and bury him back in his country of birth we are planning to do it in the spring 2019 but I have a criminal record for possession for the purpose from 10 years ago will I be able to enter the country?
Do you have a valid passport and which citizenship(s) do you hold? Knowing that will make it easier for people to provide advice.
Old Dec 12, 18, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
From the Home Office in the UK (equivalent to DOJ in US) ... rules for entering the country with a criminal record
Old Dec 12, 18, 5:49 pm

Programs: QF WP
I could be wrong but my reading of that is that the guidance is for migrant visas- sounds like OP is after a tourist visa or more likely visa waiver
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 12, 18, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Do you have a valid passport and which citizenship(s) do you hold? Knowing that will make it easier for people to provide advice.
I will be applying for my passport I just need to renew it I am a Canadian citizen
Old Dec 13, 18, 3:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Martysimms View Post

I will be applying for my passport I just need to renew it I am a Canadian citizen
If you get issued a valid Canadian passport which isn’t flagged by the Canadian government to initiate a lot of adverse data sharing about you with the UK, have no criminal record in or with the UK/EU, and are traveling on a short-duration ticket as a tourist with your Canadian passport, then it is likely to work out fine. But those are a lot of “if” requirements, all of which must be met at a minimum.

Search this Thread