Bagel and cream cheese OK

Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
Bagel and cream cheese OK

We have an early international flight coming up (7:00) and it would be nice to bring a bagel or two with cream cheese thru security to eat while waiting or on board. Our local bagels are much better than the ones we have seen airside. Would this be a problem with TSA, or would they say That it is a liquid? Also if I get an “everything” bagel, will the poppy seeds be a problem (but this is not supposed to be a TSA function? Did a search but could not find anything.

DD
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I’ve never been stopped with bagels and cream cheese

I’ve never been stopped with bagels and cream cheese- Just one data point but I’ve been doing this for years.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It won't be a problem.

Even if so, if you or your deli person is putting anything near 3.4 ounces or more of cream cheese on your bagel it's pretty ridiculous. That's almost half a bar you get from a store.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Some of the places around here put a LOT of cream cheese on the bagels, which are pretty big.

DD
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Bagel with cream cheese on it is fine. Cream cheese in a separate small container should be fine. Cream cheese in a separate large container is not fine.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks all!!!

DD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.