Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Do I need a Canadian Visa for Connecting at YYZ En Route from DUB to MCO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I need a Canadian Visa for Connecting at YYZ En Route from DUB to MCO?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA
Question Do I need a Canadian Visa for Connecting at YYZ En Route from DUB to MCO?

Folks, I'm flying DUB->MCO connecting via YYZ. I need an ESTA but do I need a Canadian visa as well?

I have an Irish passport.

Thanks,
LK.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by LeperKing
Folks, I'm flying DUB->MCO connecting via YYZ. I need an ESTA but do I need a Canadian visa as well?

I have an Irish passport.

Thanks,
LK.
Yes.

Citizens from Ireland along with other European Union members are required to complete this electronic visa application prior to boarding an aircraft for Canada, and this includes travelers who will only be transiting in Canada en route to other international destinations.

https://official-canada-eta.com/cana...-citizens.html
LeperKing likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC, WN, Nexus
But don't use the website mentioned above, which will charge you $85! The actual government website is https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...anada/eta.html . An ETA costs just $7.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mistermap
But don't use the website mentioned above, which will charge you $85! The actual government website is https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...anada/eta.html . An ETA costs just $7.
Thank you for sharing. That is a huge difference; $85 vs. $7.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium

Fake websites

Travellers who apply for an eTA are advised to be cautious in all dealings with companies that claim to offer help in getting an eTA. These companies are NOT operating on behalf of the Government of Canada. Many have established websites that charge a fee to provide information and submit eTA applications.This Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA.
LeperKing and knwl9 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.