Clearing TSA Night Before Early Flight

Old Aug 2, 18, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Clearing TSA Night Before Early Flight

Hello:

I have a 5:25 a.m. flight upcoming out of Chicago-O'Hare. As I'm someone who generally psyches myself out before having to wake up early, i.e. I'll never fall asleep at home, I would prefer to just go to the airport the night before and probably get more sleep there.

I know O'Hare is open 24 hours. However, I'm curious if it's possible to clear TSA security the night before an early flight. TSA shuts down at O'Hare at 10:45 p.m., for what it's worth. Is it possible to go through security the night before?

If it's not possible, does anyone have any recommendations for a good place in O'Hare to catch some sleep on the landside? I have spent enough time in the airside that I know where I would set up.

I have tried to get in touch with the Chicago aviation contact and no response.

Thank you!

- Rob
Old Aug 7, 18, 12:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Should be fine. The question really is whether TSA will accept a boarding pass with a next-day departure date. The answer I assume is yes, otherwise people with 12:01am departures have 59 seconds to clear the checkpoint.
Old Aug 10, 18, 5:45 pm

Get a room at the Hilton that's connected to ORD via the underground tunnel. Set up a wake-up call with the front desk if you're worried about over sleeping. I don't know if the TSA would allow you through or not that early. While I've technically cleared security in PHX the day before at 11:30 pm for a 12:45 am departure I suspect they may look at your situation a bit differently.
Old Aug 14, 18, 12:36 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: AA EXP, United Silver
DFW tsa employees always let me use a boarding pass for the day before I travel

Search this Thread