Body Scanner on Customs Arrivals?

Old Jun 6, 18, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver (but quickly rising)
Body Scanner on Customs Arrivals?

Are active individual MMW body scanners being used anywhere for arrival passengers clearing customs and immigration? I have heard they were being installed in Bali and that this may be the case in Phuket as well. This may have been misunderstood as the passive kind that look for heat and scan 100s of passengers at once. I understand customs can insist on arrival inspections when they deem someone overly suspicious but are individual scanners being used anywhere on every arriving passenger? Would appreciate if anyone could affirm or discredit said rumors.
Old Jun 18, 18, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, IHG Spire
MMW would be used by law enforcement to detect prohibited items concealed on the body
Medical X-ray scanners would be used by Customs in secondary inspection to detect prohibited items inside the body
Old Jun 25, 18, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver (but quickly rising)
Originally Posted by rebadc View Post
MMW would be used by law enforcement to detect prohibited items concealed on the body
Medical X-ray scanners would be used by Customs in secondary inspection to detect prohibited items inside the body
Thank you, but I am most interested in knowing if there are any airports or countries where EVERY arriving passenger is subjected to MMW. Per my original post I had heard this was a rumor for Bali and Phuket.

Search this Thread