Wet wipes and Korean airport security

Old Jun 5, 18, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Wet wipes and Korean airport security

I was carrying on wet wipes (Migros M-Budget wet wipes, search the internet for article no. 526227000000 [edit: product link deleted because I was told it violates FT terms to post links in languages other than English]) and was stopped at the security checkpoint at Gimpo airport in Seoul (international terminal) yesterday. They inspected the wet wipes and told me that I needed to check them next time but they let me keep them this time. I've never been stopped for wet wipes and was wondering if this policy is common in Korea and documented somewhere?

Last edited by tomst; Jun 25, 18 at 4:43 am
Old Jun 14, 18, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by tomst View Post
I was carrying on wet wipes (produkte.migros.ch/m-budget-feuchttuecher-526227000000) and was stopped at the security checkpoint at Gimpo airport in Seoul (international terminal) yesterday. They inspected the wet wipes and told me that I needed to check them next time but they let me keep them this time. I've never been stopped for wet wipes and was wondering if this policy is common in Korea and documented somewhere?
Pretty bizarre. I've never heard of such a thing, either in US or international. I suppose they objected to the small amount of liquid in those wet wipes. Strange. Sorry I can't be more helpful but thank you for posting here.
Old Jun 14, 18, 10:41 am

I always have wet wipes in my carry-on, similar to the ones in your link. Never had anyone so much as take a second look at them anywhere. This includes multiple times leaving from and transiting through ICN, but never Gimpo. Maybe they were really fresh and looked like “solid” liquid on the xray screen...?
Old Jun 17, 18, 7:28 pm

Programs: Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Wet Ones wipes are always in my backpack and my messenger bag. Hopefully it was just the one person that thought it looked like water.

Search this Thread