Is there a liquid limit on checked bags?

Old Mar 30, 18, 3:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Is there a liquid limit on checked bags?

I will be going to another country for a few months for a bit of an extended vacation. I been there before. Im bringing in face wash and certain liquids as face cream etc. Reason because they do not have these specific products there. Thus imagine a 2 face wash and 2 different face cream and a few other creams. Thus imagine you have like 7-8 bottles and these are 2 face cream or lotion each but each could be 8ml or more. Would there be any issues with this or not? Is there a ml limit total? I read there was a limit with alcohol but just imagine you bring even something like a few shampoos where they do not have the specific one there. Any issues?
Old Mar 30, 18, 3:29 pm

I do not see any issue if this stuff is in your checked baggage.
Old Mar 30, 18, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
TSA does not have any limits on those items. If you intend to travel with those items from elsewhere, you will need to check the rules for that country's security agency.
Old Mar 30, 18, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Rocky2 View Post
I will be going to another country for a few months for a bit of an extended vacation. I been there before. Im bringing in face wash and certain liquids as face cream etc. Reason because they do not have these specific products there. Thus imagine a 2 face wash and 2 different face cream and a few other creams. Thus imagine you have like 7-8 bottles and these are 2 face cream or lotion each but each could be 8ml or more. Would there be any issues with this or not? Is there a ml limit total? I read there was a limit with alcohol but just imagine you bring even something like a few shampoos where they do not have the specific one there. Any issues?
From the US I’ve repeatedly flown internationally with multiple checked bags holding 50+lbs of shampoo/conditioner/bath-wash/liquid soap. Other than one time when it infuriated a TSA employee or baggage handler for being so heavy, no issues other than perhaps they opened the bag.

It really depends on what is in the products, on whether the TSA allows it or not.
Old Mar 31, 18, 4:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
There shouldn’t be any issues with this in your checked bags. The only issue I could in visage is if you had commercial volumes, and there was a question if you were talking them as samples for sale, i.e not traveling for holiday but for work when entering your destination country.
Old Apr 3, 18, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've flown with close to 20 bottles of shampoo and conditioner in our bags. (Relatives that like almost anything American.) TSA love note, nothing removed.
Old Apr 6, 18, 3:39 pm

I've flown with people who had multiple large coolers full of ice cores - we all cleared TSA and customs together and they had no issues. It's technically not that much liquid (at least at the start) but nobody made a fuss at security or customs.
Old Apr 11, 18, 6:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
You shouldn't have a problem. I bring full size everything, and things like shampoo I will have three 8 oz.containers.

Search this Thread