Charter Flight and no ID

Old Jan 20, 18, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Charter Flight and no ID

Hi there. My mom and I are supposed to fly out of Burbank, CA on a chartered plane to Oregon, and my mom lost her DL last week. She already went to the DMV and got a temporary paper license, but there's no photo on that. She has a Costco card and a blood donor card that have her photo on them, she has her birth certificate and her ss card. Will they let her fly? I saw on the TSA website that they can verify your identity via other means, does anyone know if that info is still correct and if it applies to charter flights?

Thank you for any info!
Old Jan 20, 18, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Not sure about BUR but some charter flights operate out of main terminals which would require TSA security. It is true that you do not need a photo ID to travel but be prepared for a very thorough examination and extra time. Then again TSA is consistent about being inconsistent and they might just accept the Costco card.

You should reach out to the operator and see how the security is handled and also if they require ID for the flight itself.
Old Jan 20, 18, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. Check with the charter operator to determine what ID requirements it has. Even if there is to security checkpoint, the operating carrier may nonetheless have ID requirements.

2. Presuming that there she will need to clear a checkpoint, it is possible to do so without the standard government-issued ID's. Your mother should allow extra time. While the process may only take an extra 5 minutes, it may take 45-60 minutes for an agent to break free to do the specialized checks, especially at a small airport. Your mother should bring with her as much as she can which is secondary proof. Utility bills, printed magazine address labels, and the like, will go a long way towards clearance.

Search this Thread