Hello, can I take a crate? What sizes?

Old Nov 6, 17, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Hello, can I take a crate? What sizes?

Are all sizes the same?
Can all airlines fly with crates of these male sizes?
Old Nov 6, 17, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Eh, what?
Old Nov 6, 17, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold and Silver Wings, AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Triper View Post
Are all sizes the same?
Welcome to FT.

I for one don't understand what it is you are asking about crates and "male sizes."

Crates and other things have different sizes by definition, for example dog crates.

Could you try asking again with more detail? I'm confident there are members who could answer your question if they understood it better.
Old Nov 6, 17, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
Welcome to FT.

I for one don't understand what it is you are asking about crates and "male sizes."

Crates and other things have different sizes by definition, for example dog crates.

Could you try asking again with more detail? I'm confident there are members who could answer your question if they understood it better.
I strongly suspect it's a language issue but I don't have any idea of what he's after, either.
Old Nov 9, 17, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Triper View Post
Are all sizes the same?
If the crate fits within the maximum allowed suitcase allowance measurements (in terms of total linear dimensions and weight) for the airline and isn’t being flown on a route at a time when the airline has a box/crate embargo, then it should be fine for transport and security screening in the way applicable to checked in suitcases. Whether or not the crate is opened and re-sealed to your satisfaction after you check it in? That does vary.

If the crate is larger than some accepted oversized suitcases and boxes/crates for transport as passenger luggage, then using air cargo services may be required. Airlines often have their own air cargo unit, but there are also services like DHL, FedEx and so on that may even work out cheaper than what an airline offers. And possibly cheaper than air cargo if dealing with crates large enough to need a huge part of a truck and or ship/rail container? Surface cargo transport.

Search this Thread