Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

EL AL codesharing with Jet Blue is it the same security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:31 am
vbk
Original Poster

Hello
I am new to Flyer Talk and I would love some help. I am a really nervous flyer and I like to fly EL AL because I know they have brilliant security. I am flying to Florida and taking EL AL to Boston but then I have to take a connection on Jet Blue who I have never flown before to Florida. I am beginning to panic to the point of cancelling the trip. I don't know with the codeshare aspect whether Jet Blue will have the same security as El Al. Can anyone tell me and put my mind at rest please.
Also if they do not have El Al security is the Jet Blue security good. I would imagine it would have to be but I need reassurance.
Thank you so much.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:42 am

You are flying Israel-Boston-Florida, I assume? In which case you will have to clear immigration and customs at Logan and then re-clear security for your flight to Florida.

The answer to your question is no, the security check you will undergo in Boston is not the same as El Al's, but no US security check in any US airport will be the same as El Al's. For a variety of political and practical reasons (don't want to start a derail here!) El Al's security is highly unlikely to be replicated in full in the US.

Also, it doesn't really matter which airline you're flying, as (in theory) TSA security checks are the same no matter what airline you're flying. Of course if you have PreCheck, Clear or some other trusted traveler program you can move through the line faster with more convenience, but it's not a fundamentally different security experience.

What exactly are you panicked about?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:48 am
vbk
Original Poster

Hi Thank you so much for writing back to me.
I should have guessed that security would be different for different airlines.
You asked what I am worried about when flying. Well where to start!
It began years ago on my first flight to Australia, I flew alone half way through the flight the plane dropped in the sky, everyone screamed it was terrifying, I thought we were in trouble. The pilot came onto the tannoy and apologised we had apparently hit an air pocket. I realised at that point that I did not enjoy flying and since that time have been a very nervous flyer. I am terrified that a plane can drop out of the sky like that and I am terrified of exploding mid air and terror attacks.
I like to fly ElAl because I have been through their security measures and feel that they are very tight and I know they have sky marshals onboard which makes me feel a tad better.
I have never flown Jet Blue and I am panicking already :-(
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
It sounds like you have a fear of flying, which is manifesting as a desire for security. At least out of Israel, airport security doesn't really service much of a purpose other than 1) Stopping dumb people and 2) Giving the masses an illusion of security.

That doesn't mean there isn't security though, but it's behind the scenes. It's the intelligence agencies monitoring people they suspect. There's also changes to aircraft, such as locked flight deck doors and cameras watching them. The biggest change, however, is passenger vigilance. Try and do something stupid on an aircraft now and the entire plane will stop you.

There will be turbulence and other incidents that'll cause loss of altitude. Marshals and body scanners won't stop that. See if you can find yourself a Fear of Flying course. Many friends I know who suffered from this reported significant improvements, and have now started enjoying the world.
Randyk47 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:09 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

The Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues forum is informational.

Members come here to ask questions and get answers to help them travel safely and with minimal hassle.

The OP's question has been answered.

If you wish to discuss, debate, comment or opine on the effectiveness of airport security, please do so in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by vbk
I have never flown Jet Blue and I am panicking already :-(
JetBlue has an excellent safety record. In its 16 years history, it has never had a major incident and none of its passengers or crew members has ever suffered serious injury in flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.