Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sensitive teeth toothpaste

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Sensitive teeth toothpaste

Can I take a tube of Sensodyne toothpaste I need for my sensitive teeth which is larger than the 3.4 oz. allowed?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by daleberger
Can I take a tube of Sensodyne toothpaste I need for my sensitive teeth which is larger than the 3.4 oz. allowed?
Unlikely.

Either pick up smaller-sized tubes of Sensodyne or some other brand of sensitive toothpaste (my Dollar Tree has two-ounce tubes of Colgate Sensitive for $1.00), or ask your dentist for a prescription for prescription-strength sensitive toothpaste. (Prescription items should be exempt from TSA restrictions.)
trooper and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Delta, United
Welcome to FT. Another option is to transfer the toothpaste into a small container. I have even managed to refill the small 2oz toothpaste tubes.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Sensodyne makes a 100ml tube which is quite alot of toothpaste (it should be enough for a couple of people for a couple of weeks at least). It's one of their regular sizes (not a small travel size) but is still within TSA limits for carryon. If that's not enough, you can always bring 2.

Last edited by Low Roller; Feb 5, 2019 at 6:07 am
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by daleberger
The standard Sensodyne (in my country at least) is 75 mL (2.7 oz).
I suggest you get the small one and then store any bigger tubes in your checked luggage.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I have even managed to refill the small 2oz toothpaste tubes.
I do that ALL the time. Get the large 4 pack of big tubes at Costco...refill the little ones as needed. Steady hands. Do it when you need to brush your teeth (invariably you will get some overflow, use it right then)

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Mar 1, 2019 at 11:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.