Wiki Posts
Search

Shortened Version of name on Airline ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Starwood Platnium, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Shortened Version of name on Airline ticket

I am traveling to London and my passport has my name as Jeffrey my Airline ticket has my name as Jeff, will I have issues with traveling to London?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
If you entered your full name when booking the ticket and it was shortened when printed on you shouldn't have any problems. My name always gets shortened when printed on a BP and I've never had an issue. However, if you didn't enter your full name when booking the ticket there's a small chance you might have an issue since the information doesn't match exactly.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Starwood Platnium, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
When I booked through my corporate travel agency/tool it had the wrong name so the wrong name is on the ticket. Im hoping that I will be fine... I think its pretty obvious that Jeff and Jeffrey are the same. Its not like Rick and Richard or William and Bill.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:33 pm

First Name abbreviated on E-ticket!

Hi, one of my friends has tom on his e-ticket but on his passport his name is thomas. how much of a problem is this

we're flying from Manchester (UK) to Tokyo with a stop off in Amsterdam

The flight is with KLM through a 3rd party and they have quoted us £350 for a slight name change

Is this something we just have to pay?

thanks,
liamcoco
Old May 27, 2017, 8:22 am

Ben on ticket Benjamin on passport

Hey there, I just booked a flight start July from London to Sydney via Expedia on Thai Airways.

As a monumental mistake I booked my ticket as Ben rather than Benjamin as on my passport.

I've checked it out, seems like I might be ok and might not. Also read that if you ask for a name correction within 24 hours, you might be ok.
Problem is I can't get hold of anyone at Thai Airways.

I'm actually contemplating just changing my name by deedpoll and getting a new passport, as I'm certain I can do that in time worst case.

Any suggestions on what to do/if I'll be ok? Flying first, booked on Expedia at a pretty good price.

Thanks
Old May 27, 2017, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Any suggestions on what to do/if I'll be ok? Flying first, booked on Expedia at a pretty good price.

Thanks
Do nothing. You will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.