Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

entering USA with the criminal record of having

entering USA with the criminal record of having

Old Oct 20, 14, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
quote deleted by mod per OP request

Sovereign nations have the right to determine who will enter their territory, or who will not enter their territory, using whatever criteria they choose. Unless you're a citizen of a country, you really don't have much of an automatic right (in most cases) to get in.

Last edited by squeakr; Oct 27, 14 at 8:58 pm
Old Mar 1, 20, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by YKF View Post
What a money grab. Ridiculous that i have to pay to find out if i can enter a country or not. Why cant the law be clearly presented with a yes or no answer

Thanks for the response. Anyone else?
You were given the answer, like it or not. Again, the short answer is yes those charges (specifically the drug possession) bar you from entering the US. You do have an option and that option is as was explained to you. You can apply for a waiver, its basically an appeal of the common law based on your circumstance. This review takes paid employees of the government time to complete, weather they find you worthy or not. Why should anyone but YOU pay for that? If you honestly cant understand that I would have to say your chances of a waiver are slim. On the bright side, as far as I know the US is the only country we share our criminal database with so, it's really the only place you can not go.
Old Mar 1, 20, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Craig Bowler View Post
You were given the answer, like it or not. Again, the short answer is yes those charges (specifically the drug possession) bar you from entering the US. You do have an option and that option is as was explained to you. You can apply for a waiver, its basically an appeal of the common law based on your circumstance. This review takes paid employees of the government time to complete, weather they find you worthy or not. Why should anyone but YOU pay for that? If you honestly cant understand that I would have to say your chances of a waiver are slim. On the bright side, as far as I know the US is the only country we share our criminal database with so, it's really the only place you can not go.
This thread is from 2014. I imagine by now the OP has an answer.
Old Mar 1, 20, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Moderator's Action

No need to resurrect a thread which has been dormant for almost six years.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: