Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Preclearance at Dublin Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
What is the DUB security experience at U.S. preclearance? Is there precheck? If not, can one keep one's shoes on? Is there a premium line?

Thank you.
No Pre-check at DUB.
Shoes? It depends on what type you are wearing ... going through "regular" airport security first, you can show them to the security officer and ask if you should take them off.
Once downstairs in Pre-Clearance, you do have to take your shoes off.
If you are travelling in Business Class, there is Fast Track for "regular" airport security ... and there is a Business Class lane downstairs at the entrance to Pre-Clearance.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...rance-dub.html
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Hmm, so KDS and USPremExecflyer have had different experiences. I do wish there were true Precheck at DUB. It would make me more willing to fly via DUB.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Airport website only mentions GE or APC. What if you aren't eligible to use either?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:15 pm

You go through a regular line, no different from a POE on US soil.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Hmm, so KDS and USPremExecflyer have had different experiences. I do wish there were true Precheck at DUB. It would make me more willing to fly via DUB.
I didn't have a different experience than KDS ... same process: Dublin Airport security, through duty free, downstairs to enter the special pre-clearance area, used the Business class line, bags and shoes re-screened, used the GE machine, presented to a CBP officer, admitted to the US, walked to lounge/departure gate and got on the plane.
TSA Pre-check is a domestic (US) program.
It does not apply at overseas airports.
(Yes, it's available at some Canadian airports in the special zones where USCBP operates pre-clearance ... as the US and Canada are frontier neighbours).
Wikipedia on pre-clearance ... and legal jurisdiction at DUB

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 14, 2018 at 1:49 pm Reason: added wikipedia link, legal jurisdiction
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
TSA Pre-check is a domestic (US) program.
It does not apply at overseas airports.
(Yes, it's available at some Canadian airports in the special zones where USCBP operates pre-clearance ... as the US and Canada are frontier neighbours).
Who administers security at overseas airports in the US pre-clear areas?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Who administers security at overseas airports in the US pre-clear areas?
local contracted security firms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.